Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:23:43 AM EDT
Okay guys, I need your help and spare parts. I bet a buddy of mine that I can build an AR for under $400. It does not matter what brand, configuration, or anything, I just need to build a functional AR15 for under $400. So, can you guys take a look at your spare parts and see what you can let go of cheap or point me towards any deals you know of going on? If I pull this off, he has to pay for all the money I invest so let's make this as close to $400 as possible. I will list the parts in this thread, along with the price I pay, and once we have everything needed I will send money to whoever offers up their goods.

This is going to be a true group effort. I have never built an AR before, so I will need your guidance and assistance as we go. Anybody that wants to help me with assembling all this once the parts are collected I would appreciate it. I assume I will need some tools I do not have as well, and for this budget I can't afford to buy any so I need someone in the Austin/Cedar Park area to help who has the specialty tools. Heck, I am trying to find the guys that used to meet up in the Austin area anyway. Maybe we can all work on it together?

I will post updates with pictures. Also, whatever money he pays me will be donated to Immeasurably More for their programs to teach kids from the children's home. Everybody wins! Well, except for my buddy Rick. BTW, if I lose, I donate the $400 to Immeasurably More. Not a bad deal!

So, start going through those parts drawers please!???

www.immeasurablymore.com

Thanks!

Paul

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i can throw in  a grip and screw,a reciever end plate,a trigger guard(no roll pin),and an ejection port assembly(no c clip) that are free for a good cause.  ( this offer is for palirwin only)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a trigger guard lying around somewhere. If I can find it, you can have it for the price of postage. Doubt I can find the roll pin for it, but I'll try and find that as well...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
ALL CHARITY THREADS MUST BE APPROVED BY STRIKER
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top