Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:45:29 PM EDT
I did a search and couldn't find anything. Has anyone tried the new Cabela's Tactical Prism sight? I had been thinking about the Burris but I like the looks of the reticle in the Cabelas better. They are both about the same price.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
it got really horrible reviews on cabelas own website,  for whatever its worth
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem is that there aren't a lot of options in that price range for that type of optic.  Need to be prepared to shell out some jingle for a nice ACOG-type scope.  If I wanted a lower powered illuminated optic, I'd stick with the DMS and a PEPR mount for about the same price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I knew it was probably too good to be true. I'll save my money for something nicer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
have you looked at the primary arms stuff or the vortex red dots?  Its not an aimpoint or eotech but it serves a purpose and works.  I have a primary arms m4 and its not bad for price.  I wouldnt compare it to my eotech, burris, or aimpoint optics but definately better than some of the stuff I have seen for sale,  Marshall is good people too.  I know a few coworkers ordered after seeing mine for there beater training rifles.  It gets expensive with optics and it's nice to have something close to duty gear that if ya break in traning your not out big money.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
whats wrong with the burris prism sight ? mine works just fine for its intended purpose. there was some hiccups when it first came out , but alot of the issues was people were expecting a 1000.00 dollars sight for 300.00 and it just dont work that way.  if you dont like the reticule in the burris optic I think primary arms has a 4 power optic with crosshairs similar to the cabelas. you might also check out the leather wood cmr 1x4 scope . I have saw some good reviews on it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
JW,

I was originally going to go with the Burris. I have a Fullfield 2 on my Remington 600 and it works great.

I read one review of the Burris and he said the reticle was really small. Could you elaborate on yours a bit more?

I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
first let me ask what is your intended purpose ? the scope is what it is. a 3 power magnified optic . its fairly fast on target up close with the reticule lit . I have never had an issue with brightness or wash out . others may have a different opinion. it is not aimpoint or eotech fast but still fast enough for me . up close use the bindon aiming concept or for a better use of words shoot with both eyes open. I like the stadia lines coming out of the dot they frame an average torso at 100 yds so getting on an 18 inch wide target is pretty fast .  the bullet drop compensator works pretty good out to 300 yds that is as far as I have had a chance to use it .
yes the reticule is small and if you look through other optics of this type they are small also.  you are not going to shoot sub moa groups at 200 yds with this optic but it will ring steel at 300 yds all day long . if you want precision then this is not the optic for you . if you want fast and reliable then give it a shot.

hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
JW,

Thanks. That was exactly the response I was looking for. I always shoot with both eyes open. Godd ole Dad taught me that years ago. I think I'll just go with the Burris and see what happens. I can always change it later. I also thought about the Valdada but it's quite a bit more.

I just need to get my Knight's front end and I'll be good to go. Been gathering up parts for about a year. It's almost time to start assembling.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top