Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2002 2:40:31 AM EDT
Tried the Beta Company with my questions first, but still haven't received an answer. So trying my luck here.
A friend and I (we're both in the Army Reserves) have a C Mag for our FNC's (and privately owned AR-15). Mine's actually two weeks old (came NIB - LE/MIL use only). When trying out mine I had a FTF on 4 occasions. Each time there was a failure-to-extract of the spent shell, so no feeding of a new round. Not only did this happen to my new C Mag, my buddy had the same problems and his C Mag is already well broken in. So I thought it was the extractor on my FNC, but that turned out to be fine. Neither could I find any defects on the C-Mag.
But mags were filled to capacity and for reference I also tried the mag on my AR and had similar issues.

Anyone a clue or whom to contact ? Maybe someone knows the right person at Beta Co to talk to.

Thanks in advance

C-2-6 Out!

PS: C Mag is a nifty tool, like it a lot, but in real life scenario would probably only use it in a defensive scenario or when doing MOUT or an all out attack, as it rattles like hell when filled to capacity. So when doing a recon patrol I'd stick to my regular 30rdrs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
All I can suggest is make sure you liberally apply the graphite lube while loading.

Btw, if you've ever fired Wolf or another lacquered ammo your chamber will need a serious scrubbing to restore reliability.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The failure to extract problems you're describing point to ammo or rifle, not a magazine issue.  I'd recommend liberally cleaning the chamber, verifying extractor functionality (it's an inexpensive spare part and you should have one on hand just in case anyway), then trying several different brands/lots of ammo.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The mag is defective. Send it to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it needs lubrication.

If that wont do it. Call Kevin at the Beta Company and send it to them.

Be certain to provide them with proof that you are allowed by law to own a restricted magazine; otherwise you are not going to get it back.

Kevin
800-669-BETA
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. Meanwhile received an answer from the BetaCo yesterday (Mss Block), so I guess she'll take it further from here.
FNC didn't have a busted extractor (checked with the armorer) so might be a lubrication issue. Wasn't aware that I needed to lube a new in bag mag. But I'll give it plenty of "powder" next time I go to the range.

C-2-6 Out!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top