Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 7:36:57 PM EDT
I want a carry handle for my flattop upper. Cheaper Than Dirt has a carry handle (Leapers, so Chinese) for $49.97, which is roughly half the price of a Bushmaster or DPMS (my upper is DPMS and it's on a Bushmaster lower). Do they work as well?

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Your rifle is only as good as its sights, I would save up and pay a little more for a decent one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Even the ones for airsoft are better made.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Here look at this before you buy a Leapers

[url]http://scopetica.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=40&osCsid=39d3479bfc52240d643714d62304d23f[/url]

This guy is selling Israeli surplus so who knows the source of these. His Galil stuff is all IMI and very inexpensive so you might luck out and get Colt... it is at least worth giving him a call and finding out. I am probably going to get one of these to cut down.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want a carry handle for my flattop upper. Cheaper Than Dirt has a carry handle (Leapers, so Chinese) for $49.97, which is roughly half the price of a Bushmaster or DPMS (my upper is DPMS and it's on a Bushmaster lower). Do they work as well?

View Quote

NO!!!! BTDT.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste your money -- I got one from Tapco to use for a 22 magnum project so I didn't care about the quality. The base that sits on the flattop is not cut to mil spec and I think it may be an Airsoft part. the screws that the thumbwheel nuts work on are under sized and can be stripped easy if you try to screw the nuts on tight. Out of the box it looked nice but then I discovered the problems.

Spend a few dollars more and get a good one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
OPinOKC i have a Bushmaster Carry Handle w/A2 sight..$75.00 shipped let me know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Another nail in the coffin:  I paid $70 for one of these.  It was supposedly a "Bushmaster", but it is identical to the pictures I've seen of the Leapers model.  It comes loose during firing, and the rear sight is too high to allow a TA01 ACOG to fit!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here look at this before you buy a Leapers

[url]http://scopetica.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=40&osCsid=39d3479bfc52240d643714d62304d23f[/url]

This guy is selling Israeli surplus so who knows the source of these. His Galil stuff is all IMI and very inexpensive so you might luck out and get Colt... it is at least worth giving him a call and finding out. I am probably going to get one of these to cut down.

IPSC_GUY
View Quote

I would call and double check with this guy.  A lot of this stuff looks exactly like the stuff in the Tapco and CTD catalogs.  Buyer beware!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top