Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 4:25:18 AM EDT
I believe this is what I am looking for in a sling after looking at the Giles, TT, Viking, and a few others.

What are the adaptors that come with the purchase?  I have a RRA 6-pos stock and oval M4 handguards, what would be the "best" (I am looking for your experiences here) mounting option.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The adapters are nylon, velcro and some buckles that wrap around the buttstock or the hand guards so that the sling connects on the side.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I would strongly reccomend coughing up the $'s for a pair of GG&G "sling things" and a pair of Unkle Mike's quick-disconnect sling loops.

This setup will allow the rifle to hang much more comfortably when slung; will not have the velcro come undone at the most embarrasing moment; and the sling can be popped right off in three seconds flat.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe this is what I am looking for in a sling after looking at the Giles, TT, Viking, and a few others.

What are the adaptors that come with the purchase?  I have a RRA 6-pos stock and oval M4 handguards, what would be the "best" (I am looking for your experiences here) mounting option.
View Quote

I mounted my CST with a GG&G sling thing, the non Q.D one. That was a dumb move on my part because I use two different uppers on one lower, but oh well I don't use one of them all that often so it's no biggie.

Ok now that i got a little more time- I just got my sling this week and got a chance to put it into action yesterday morning. A friend wanted to do some test runs on a couple couses he's putting together. On the first course you absolutly have to shoot from the left side of the second barricade, I'm right handed, no problem at all for me. Where as when he ran it he went through the first two positions without his SOP sling on(i think it was an SOP). I love this sling! Gunna have another chance tomarrow to play around some more with it. And to think I spent damn near 6 months debating over what sling to get. I'm glad I did too!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top