Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 7:49:50 PM EDT
Hey guys! I'm very new to optics for the M4A3 series flat-top reciever rifles. I'm always about 2 or 3 years behind everyone else in catching on to the latest fads. I am thinking of building a Bushmaster M4A3 type carbine with the flat-top reciever. I already have an A2 model (Bushmaster lower on a Colt Upper) but it has A1 sights on it. These Flat-Top rifles being the latest fad I I thought that i'd build one since I like to be stylish.
I have little or no experience with the latest sights and optics for these. There is a SWAT guy that shoots at the tactical range that I belong to who has a CMORE on his MP5. He spent about 30 minutes telling me in great detail all about it but I he basically said that for CQB they are good but not good for ranges beyond so many meters, I forget exactly how many he said. I was wondering if any of guys could answer the following questions for me:
1. Tell me about CMORE Sights, are they good? What do they cost?
2. Do you have any other reccomendations instead of CMORE sights? If so could you provide links and app. prices?
As much detail and assistence as you could provide would be greatly apreciated! Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Q: "CMORE or Other optics.."[/b]

[i]A: OTHER!!![/i]

There are many other more durable, easier to use (AND ZERO) optics out there that cost nearly the same. Start looking into Aimpoint, EoTech, and of you have the money, magnified Trijicon ACOGs.

The "Best General Purpose Optic" thread tacked to the top of this forum is pretty detailed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I will not budge from my not-so-humble opinion that the only AR optics worthy of serious use are:

Aimpoint
Eotech
Trijicon ACOG

Put them in what ever order of preference you want.  You arent going wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to say someone I know has a C-more tactical on their Colt and I found it to be a pretty good system.  It had the back up irons.  I think it costed him $400 tops.  Its not cheap stuff.  

But I think the C-More is outdated as the EoTech is probably more reliable.  I'd still get the back up rear sight from wilson combat if using the EoTech because you never know if it will go out when you need it.  Its only good for CQB.  Target stuff (50-100 yards) its useless basically.  Well I shouldn't say that but....

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But I think the C-More is outdated as the EoTech is probably more reliable.  I'd still get the back up rear sight from wilson combat
View Quote

I would highly suggest either a KAC 300m, ARMS #40 or GG&G A2 buis the wilson unit is not as well designed as the ones mentioned above.

Quoted:

if using the EoTech because you never know if it will go out when you need it.  Its only good for CQB.  Target stuff (50-100 yards) its useless basically.  Well I shouldn't say that but....

View Quote

EOTech or Aimpoint for matter of fact is great at CQB distance, but it is also good out to 300m. I make chest hits out to 300 yards on a regular basis.

I would stay away from C-more, the optic window is held by a weak structure, the semi reflective coating is great at reflecting your position on the muzzle side, the red dot will also show up on the muzzle side in the dark, and just try to zero that sight and then you find out you have to change the battery. If you are looking for a fast single pane optic system, go with EOTech. It is build to last. If you are looking for a red dot, then EOTech or Aimpoints are my favorite.  I give the Trijicon Reflex a third place.  If you got the cash, nothing on the market beats a compact ACOG or a BAC equipped ACOG.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Used to have the cmore scout sight.  Worked okay but made out of cheap plastic.  Seemed like it would snap it in half with little effort.  Ok if you just take it to the range, but not suitable for field use.

[IMG]http://cmore.com/Images/SCTB_1.jpg[/IMG]

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top