Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 12:45:26 AM EDT
I have a CMMG upper, it seems to fit very tightly on 3 different lowers I've tried it on.  Is this normal?  It did not need brute force or tools, but a lot of effort nevertheless...is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It can happen.  Nothing wrong with a tight fight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
To a point, that's a good thing. Less Rattle. You can always make it looser, but  as long as it doesn't take 2 people to close it up I wouldn't worry.
Spec
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
tight/snug is a good thing....<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
well, it doesn't take two people to put on but it it very tight.  If you undo the rear pin the lower will only hinge down a bit, not all the way to 90 degrees like the M-16s I trained with.  

Will it loosen up a bit by shooting?  I only want it slightly looser...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This "too tight" is self-correcting.  After you've fired it a while, and opened it up to clean it a few times, it will be easier to open.  Eventually, it'll be smooth and effortless.  It just takes some time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,

that's the kind of "fix" I like to do...

G
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top