Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:06:20 AM EDT
Looking at buying a m4 upper and was wondering if they are good.  Its 14.5in chrome lines 1/7 twist, enhanced carrier, w M4 ramps cut after anodizing.   Any opinions on CMMG. Ive just seen the cool pics of the bearded guy shooting them haha
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has gone through about 1000-1500 rounds without a problem so far, good shooter.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#2]
CMMG is good to go.  They are good people.

Max
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Any reports on accuracy of their different configurations?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Good deal I am in the process of paying for mine as we speak.  Looks damn nice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 16" M4 upper. I love mine, it has worked quite nice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I like mine.  The M16 carrier at no additional charge was nice, too!   T-markings, M4 cuts, 1/7 twist, 4150 steel, true M4 profile barrel, M4 profile handguards, etc...  They're nice.  My ONLY gripe, if you can really call it a gripe, is that the front sight base is cast, and looks like pot metal as opposed to my Bushy FSB, which looks a "little" nicer.

ETA:  The FSB is NOT cast, it is FORGED.  I was only commenting on the APPEARANCE of the FSB, not it's technical characteristics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the advantage to having an M-16 BCG?

Is it leagal ?  The whole law about FA parts in a semi only gun and all?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I know the one that I am getting is forged.  Good deal I was thinking they were really high end and when I saw one that was in my price range I snatched it up.  Ill post up with pics when I get it.  

CMMG even replied cool haha I look forward to owning one of your products
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Not to sound dumb, but is CMMG a company that makes the uppers or do they sell them only? Quality wise, Are the uppers a long lasting, can take abuse type upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I dislike CMMG for the fact that the supplied a Group Buy with out of spec barrels and didn't do a damn thing about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I like mine. 14.5 + Phantom.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a CMMG MOD4 A2 upper, the one I have currently is number 3, the first one had a canted front sight, loose fitting M4 handguards and the bolt locked up so tight on Wolf ammo I needed a tire iron to free it, I sent that one back and they fixed the front sight but it still locked up tight, the second one I got after complaining about the first one and returning it again had a purple delta ring and loose fitting handguards too, I returned that one, my 3rd and current one has a nice black delta ring no canted front sight and tight fitting M33 handguards. I haven't shot it yet so I can't report on that.

I was kind of pissed that it took 3 uppers to get what I wanted, but I'll say their customer service was very good, they genuinely seemed to care about making things right and making me happy with the upper and I'll give them an A+ in that regard. I did buy it during the mad rush late last year which might have contributed to the problems with the first uppers I had. Also the fit and finish of the upper is top notch as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#14]
My CMMG upper has about 600 rds thru it no problem.  Used a different brand bolt carrier ass'y and charging handle so can't comment on that.  John at CMMG was pleasant to deal with.

Best regards,

Tim
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]
CMMG - GOOD TO GO!

Only wish they offered other barrel types- SS / CM - Hbar etc
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#16]

CMMG are an outstanding operation,a nd really quality people!  

The next upper I buy will be from CMMG.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#17]
cool deal I cant wait to get it. Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry if I mis-spoke.  I MEANT to say, the FSB LOOKS cast, because it resembles a cast iron dutch oven in finish.  It works GREAT, just doesn't LOOK as "smooth" as others.  Of course, I also stated that my Bushy FSBs are only marginally better in LOOK.  I'M SURE BOTH ARE FORGED!  

The upper is GREAT!  I LOVE the T-marks!  The lower is great, too, but the original poster only asked about uppers.  I like the CMMG logo!  I have a Mamba sling on it, and the whole package is just PERFECT!  Oh, and they don't come with carry handles (I'm sure it's an option), so I stuck a Bushy carry handle on it.  It looks perfect together.

M16 carriers are "cool."  They are the originally spec'd part (if you care about Mil-Spec), and are theoretically more reliable due to having more mass than the cut-out AR carriers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
My CMMG 14.5" upper with perm a2 works perfectly and looks perfect too.  CMMG also has a great shooting range where you can shoot just about every full auto weapon you can think of, you should stop by if you're near central MO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
CMMG is good to go.  They are good people.

+1, Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I have their 14.5 with perm phantom and the only complaint is that I could only afford one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Anybody that has contacted us has and will be taken care of. We take a lot of pride in what we do and when problems come up we do our best to fix them and make sure it doesn't happen again. We are continually making improvements in advancements. We hope to be around for a long time. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email or call.

I have never heard about usual accuracy from your midlength builds although I have asked.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I got it yesterday and love it.  Very nice fit to the mega lower.  and Krylon camoed it tonight
Just got done paintingKrylon baby Krylon

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I dislike CMMG for the fact that the supplied a Group Buy with out of spec barrels and didn't do a damn thing about it.

The flaws with these barrels are:

- the gas port is 1/8th of an inch forward
- the fact that proper markings weren't on the barrel - I don't know whose fault this is.  

That's it.  The rest of the "problems" were either speculation or were proven to be patently untrue (i.e. the lack of chrome lining)

Mine works fine.   I've yet to do a 120rd. dump out of it, nor have I tested it at 600yd., but so far it's been a reliable and accurate enough shooter and I really like the thing.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#26]
CMMG=Good People, Good Product.  The BEST customer service of any gun company I have dealt with.  These guys are AR enthusiasts who run an AR business, not a faceless corporation selling a "product".  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]
CMMG... who is the maker of your uppers and barrels? CMT?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I have one of their lowers and am very happy with it. Fitted great to a bushy upper.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#29]
They are a first class act, I look forward to doing biz with them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I have had my CMMG upper for close to 3 years. No problems, runs like a monkey with hot grease on his ass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I would also like to know who makes the uppers and bbls.  Are the feed ramps milled in after the anodizing, or are they CMT uppers with factory ramps?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I would also like to know who makes the uppers and bbls.  Are the feed ramps milled in after the anodizing, or are they CMT uppers with factory ramps?

Supposidly they make their own barrels. I read that on another post from them. I dont know at what stage they take over making them but they do some of the work.  The ramps are cut in after anodizing
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top