Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:10:02 PM EDT
I recently purchased a A2 20" 22lr dedicated upper from Compass Lake Eng. and finally test fired it today. I used a Colt Match Comp. lower, which matched the finish of the upper perfectly. I shot one 325rd white box of CMP ammo through the rifle without one malfunction. Using the open sights at 25 yds. the rifle easily shot a dime size 10 shot group. I plan to use some of my match ammo in future test at 50 yds. to see what this upper's full potential might be. The upper does have a birdcage flash hider and bayonet lug on a stainless Douglas barrel, which looks outstanding. Frank White has my business from here on out.

8416w
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking of getting this upper for high power practice at my local 22.LR only range. have you tried the rifle in single-feed?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
dmin,

I plan to do some single feed shooting very soon utilizing some old Federal UM1 and Eley Tenex at 50yds. I now presently have 700+ rounds through the upper without one malfunction. I have had a few bum rounds that would not fire, but that is ammo related. I use to shoot 22lr bench rest comp., so I have a high standard for accuracy. I will let you know how it shoots. The upper so far, exceeds the accuracy of most custom 10/22 conversions that I have shot and owned in the past. Where are you located in NC? I shoot at the Buckhorn Gunclub in Mebane.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't even notice you were also in North Carolina. I belong to Durham County Wildlife Club. We have a 100 yard range for .22LR rifle, and was thinking of getting the CLE upper to practice for High Power.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top