Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:10:02 PM EDT
I recently purchased a A2 20" 22lr dedicated upper from Compass Lake Eng. and finally test fired it today. I used a Colt Match Comp. lower, which matched the finish of the upper perfectly. I shot one 325rd white box of CMP ammo through the rifle without one malfunction. Using the open sights at 25 yds. the rifle easily shot a dime size 10 shot group. I plan to use some of my match ammo in future test at 50 yds. to see what this upper's full potential might be. The upper does have a birdcage flash hider and bayonet lug on a stainless Douglas barrel, which looks outstanding. Frank White has my business from here on out.

8416w
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:19:55 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting this upper for high power practice at my local 22.LR only range. have you tried the rifle in single-feed?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:13:08 PM EDT
dmin,

I plan to do some single feed shooting very soon utilizing some old Federal UM1 and Eley Tenex at 50yds. I now presently have 700+ rounds through the upper without one malfunction. I have had a few bum rounds that would not fire, but that is ammo related. I use to shoot 22lr bench rest comp., so I have a high standard for accuracy. I will let you know how it shoots. The upper so far, exceeds the accuracy of most custom 10/22 conversions that I have shot and owned in the past. Where are you located in NC? I shoot at the Buckhorn Gunclub in Mebane.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
I didn't even notice you were also in North Carolina. I belong to Durham County Wildlife Club. We have a 100 yard range for .22LR rifle, and was thinking of getting the CLE upper to practice for High Power.
Top Top