Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 6:56:31 PM EDT
I just received a Model 1 Sales 16" Pre-ban kit, and I have been reading in all sorts of magazines about parts. In one magazine it said to invest in a good spring, because this is where most jams generate from. My questions is how good is the spring in this kit? Should I order a better one, and how long will this one last me? If so, who should I get one from? I am planning on doing a lot of shooting once I get my RRA lower in and put together. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen cheap CAR stocks with crappy springs.  Weak spring will cause problems.  

I like Armalite's springs, cheap, and they seem to work well.  But have gotten springs as good from other places.

Yours will probably be good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In one magazine it said to invest in a good spring, because this is where most jams generate from.

In my experience it's crappy aftermarket magazines.
Never had a buffer or buffer spring related malf yet.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Have encountered Ammo related Malfs, Mag Related Malfs, and a Broken Disconnector but never have I encountered anything related to the Buffer or spring, I did see an improperly installed Buffer Detent that escaped and caused a malf.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
One of my LEO friends was always over with his CAR15, lots of problems with doubles.  I changed out this, I changed that, etc.  I had noticed the junky plastic buffer.  I said, man, get a real buffer.

Finally I just gave him a new metal buffer.  He called me back, he swapped back and forth, his rifle worked perfectly with the metal buffer, was doubling with the plastic one.  It was repeatable, proven by swapping the buffers back and forth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top