Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 3:43:34 PM EDT
How many of you are going to buy 1 or more prebans before the end of the ban, just in case. I know I am i just don't know what.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would stock up on postban lower receivers, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up another Pre Ban Colt Sporter Match HBAR in mint condition, small hole front, weep hole, drilled for detent pin.  The owner said it had only been fired 20 times...yea right...but when I got it in today, it apperas so.  I paid $1200 for it and I don't think thats bad.  Hell, the Sporters, in MHO do take a place in gun history.

I also just got five MEGA lowers today, if you have not seen these, go to the EE and check em out, they are fantastic.  In fact, I would like to get several more.

I'm not looking to buy any more pre ban rifles, but for a nice Colt, I'd have to consider it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

i have already started doing this. just in case
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Because?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
[/quote]
Because?[/quote]

Because if the ban is not replaced, I think it's feasible that alot of dealers will try to charge a little more than they are now.  

If the ban is replaced with some other fantasy, then the current "post bans" will become more scarce and there will probably be "post post ban" rifles with further restrictions than those that are currently imposed.

At least that's as far as my thinking takes me....
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Because?
View Quote

i would not be suprised if a more resrictive ban is put in place. i find it hard to believe that the ban will just expire.
maybe i am just being paranoid.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because?
View Quote

Because if the ban is not replaced, I think it's feasible that alot of dealers will try to charge a little more than they are now.  

If the ban is replaced with some other fantasy, then the current "post bans" will become more scarce and there will probably be "post post ban" rifles with further restrictions than those that are currently imposed.

At least that's as far as my thinking takes me....
View Quote

You hit the nail right on the head!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
i think im gonna buy 4 or 5 mega/stinger lowers and put them away in a ammo box (properly protected with silica packets), in the case that they will be converted to pre-bans.  if they arent, hey, ill have 4 or 5 post-ban lowers, a great excuse to build 4 or 5 ARs!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If another ban were to be passed and made worse, then your lowers may not count if they aren't assembled into complete rifles when the ban goes into effect. You know how BATF likes to do things. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If another ban were to be passed and made worse, then your lowers may not count if they aren't assembled into complete rifles when the ban goes into effect. You know how BATF likes to do things. [;)]
View Quote

i see what you mean, ugh

damn them, id like to see a sunset that never rises again
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan on having 20 stripped lowers by December, Quantico Arms is out of the Eagle lowers for $90 ea. [>Q]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is why I have the lower kits, stocks and a few extra preban uppers lying around. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
what do you think will happen with kalifornias laws when this ban sunsets?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#15]
face it people, it's not going to get easier. I would love it if my prebans worth was cut in half. that means I could buy more at half off. Here's my want list before the end of the ban:
1) Colt xm177 (mine has over 35,000 rds through it)
2) Colt 9mm AR
3) 2-preban lowers
4) 2-postban lowers
5) Hi-Cap magazines for everything

maybe list: AUG bullpup, Ar10, HK 33
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#16]
If we are lucky and the House follows through as they should with no new AWB enacted, then this thread will be renamed "Sell before the ban ends".
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
face it people, it's not going to get easier.
View Quote

I agree with this 100%.  I think it's possible that there will be no new ban, but I think it's highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope. it's going to be a long year and a half
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#19]
What to buy before Sep04'

The tough thing is, you don't know what way the shit wagon is going to dump...

Hi Cap Ban? No more legal higher than 10round mags... A lot of chatter about this...

Importation Ban on Ammo... Ouch.... Q3131a, I am sure will go up in price....

Semi-Auto Ban... No more rifles with a pistol grip and detachable mag... Frig... As for getting a bunch of receivers and having them unassembled. Well one parts kit and a upper and a "quick assemble and disassemble" would satisfy any bullshit legislation... Take a pic to prove it...

[b]BUT THESE NIGHTMARE SCENRIO's WE CAN NOT LET HAPPEN[/B].... This needs to sunset..

What ever happens, you can count on the price of stuff starting to go up before the ban...

Stock up, we need to turn the enconomy around!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Also, get your .50 BMG's now as they are also on the anti's radar screen.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Also, get your .50 BMG's now as they are also on the anti's radar screen.
View Quote

THey are currently on the list in NY.  I forget the 2 laws being passed but we (50 cal owners) are in deep shit if they go through.
EDIT:
The bans ban the use, possession of the 50 and their ammo
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top