Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:49:13 PM EDT
Do these work?  Any drawbacks other than requiring a tool?
I remember seeing the Colt Match HBAR having some sort of "screws" in place of push pins and want something like that to tighten things up.
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/artp.asp
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Fastest way to ruin the pin holes in your receivers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the same thing that JP has been using on their upper end rifles for the last 4 yrs, maybe longer. It wont ruin your pin holes either. I dont know what JP charges for theirs but I would use it before the accuwedge. This device does remove all play between the upper and lower, in the rear at least. The only down side is you have to use 2 allen wrenches to install and remove the pin.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is the same thing that JP has been using on their upper end rifles for the last 4 yrs, maybe longer. It wont ruin your pin holes either. I dont know what JP charges for theirs but I would use it before the accuwedge. This device does remove all play between the upper and lower, in the rear at least. The only down side is you have to use 2 allen wrenches to install and remove the pin.

Yes it does open up your rear takedown holes.  Every one of these that I've pulled from a gun have their retakedown pin hole opened up 0.005" oversize which is five times greater than the allowable tolerance for the takedown pin holes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I was under the impression that the fit between the upper and lower does not have that great of an affect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that the fit between the upper and lower does not have that great of an affect on accuracy.

It doesn't, but people like me will get paranoid with the wiggling.

That being said, the only proper way to fix the wiggle is to find matching upper/lower. None of this "fix" is a real fix on the long run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top