Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 11:06:22 AM EDT
Hey guys im looking for some input on these scopes. Im building an SAM-R rifle with the Bravo Co, upper. Any experiences with these scopes would be great. I really just want to know which on is better, holds zero, all that good stuff... Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never used the Bushnell but I do have several Nikons.  They make a good scope for the money.  They are very clear and I have had no problems with them holding zero.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Both scopes are pretty good for the price.  I think the Bushnell will have a little more eye relief.  If you want to spend less than about $175, be sure to look at the Weaver V-9.  It is probably less expensive than either of the others and is sourced from the same manufacturer as the Buckmaster (I think!).   I have one on a 300WM and it has worked great.    
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned Nikons, Burris, Leupolds, Weavers and Elites. Currently, I have two Elite 3200's and two Elite 4200's and a Trijicon Accupoint in magnified optics. That pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are good quality optics for the money, the question is are you looking at the new Buckmasters?  Nikon revised the line this year and the new ones have some really nice features to em, especially the 4-12x50, 4.5-14x40 and 6-18x40 all have side focus adjustment on them.  You can also get MilDots in the 4.5-14x50 without killing the pocket book.  Rule of thumb is you can compare a Buckmaster to a Leupold VXII apple to apple, like I said all good optics.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Buckmaster 4.5x14x40 that I really like...it's about 2 years old, before the newer ones.  

Sightron makes a really good 3x9x42 scope--the S2 model--for $199.  Sightrons are made in Japan, and the glass is very nice.  I have an S1 3x9x40 w/ a mildot reticle that I got for $102 at Midway...silly low price for glass that good.  

The Buckmasters are great scopes for the money...problem is, they're starting to get up there in price, depending on which model you get.  At $300, you're in the Super Sniper or Grand Slam territory, which I'd rate a bit better than a Buckmaster.  Don't get me wrong, though, I like the Buckmaster line.  Through my C&R, I get dealer pricing on them, so it makes them an even better value.  

I know that some of the new Buckmasters have mildot reticles available...were you looking at one of those?  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top