Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:20:26 AM EDT
Anyone have one and what do you think of it?  I'm trying to find a review on it, but I've been SOL.  I'm putting it on my M1a scout and looking for a good tactical scope that won't break my bank account.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There have been some discussion of thsi scope here before but it has been a while so they have probably been archived and are not easily found.  The scope is good deal for the price, jsut don't expect a $175 scope to be as good as a $500 scope.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been kinda thinking about this one as well.  I'll be putting mine on my newly acquired savage .308.

Tagged for further info.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one on a Bushmaster Varmint Special for about a year and am satisfied with it. Mine has the reticle you can charge with a flashlight, pretty cool if you hunt at dusk/dawn.

That being said, you should know:

It's the only scope I have had, so I have nothing to compare it to. If I had other brands as well I might consider it to be a POS ('tho I don't think so).

I've only used it out to 100m. I've learned of another range in the vicinity w/ a 200 yard range. At 100m I don't have any problems checking my targets- image is very crisp.

You didn't say what you're going to use it for so I can't be of any further dubious help, but it has been good for me so far. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone have one and what do you think of it?  I'm trying to find a review on it, but I've been SOL.  I'm putting it on my M1a scout and looking for a good tactical scope that won't break my bank account.
Thanks.

Very nice scope, definately a bargain. I have one on a .308 Rem 700 "sniper" rifle, I am completely satisfied with it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It's going to be used for targets 100yds and beyond.  Mainly high power, coyotes and maybe Elk if I ever get drawn LOL.  I've never used a fixed power scope, what are the benefits over the others?

Quoted:
I have had one on a Bushmaster Varmint Special for about a year and am satisfied with it. Mine has the reticle you can charge with a flashlight, pretty cool if you hunt at dusk/dawn.

That being said, you should know:

It's the only scope I have had, so I have nothing to compare it to. If I had other brands as well I might consider it to be a POS ('tho I don't think so).

I've only used it out to 100m. I've learned of another range in the vicinity w/ a 200 yard range. At 100m I don't have any problems checking my targets- image is very crisp.

You didn't say what you're going to use it for so I can't be of any further dubious help, but it has been good for me so far. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
For the money they are pretty good, you just have to ask yourself if the super sniper is worth the extra $100.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Which Super Sniper are you referring to?

Quoted:
For the money they are pretty good, you just have to ask yourself if the super sniper is worth the extra $100.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There have been some discussion of thsi scope here before but it has been a while so they have probably been archived and are not easily found.  The scope is good deal for the price, jsut don't expect a $175 scope to be as good as a $500 scope.

I use my 10X Elite has a range scope for load accuracy and such. For all other, I use NXS 2.5-10X.
My Leup MR/T may replace it shortly.

ETA: For the price it is a good scope, but that comes with limitations. It really depends on you application.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#11]
The "Super Sniper" as sold by SWFA.  It is also a 10x40 with mildot reticle and target knobs, but is has a 30mm tube and an adjustable objective.

Quoted:
Which Super Sniper are you referring to?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually think I prefer my 3200 mildot 10X40 to my 10X42 SuperSniper.

I just trust it more.......haven't had any prob with either though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered one of these Bushnells last night.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Let me know how you like it!!!

Quoted:
Just ordered one of these Bushnells last night.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top