Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 4:25:10 AM EST
Are Bushmasters a good quality firearm? I got my wife an Armalite carbine and the man we got it from has a few Bushy's for sale that we are supposed to look at this Sun. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:28:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:30:23 AM EST
Yes Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt are the three major tier one manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:32:51 AM EST
i love mine!!all of them. wouldnt have it any other way


but honestly pretty much all manufactures are good. but then you have your few that arent worth a sh*t ."few"
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:39:34 AM EST
Bushmaster makes an AR-15 style weapon as good as ANYBODY on the planet.

95% of the people on this site would agree. The other 5% are using the ford/chevy argument.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:58:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By TxLewis:
Bushmaster makes an AR-15 style weapon as good as ANYBODY on the planet.

95% of the people on this site would agree. The other 5% are using the ford/chevy argument.

TXL



Exactly. Colt and Bushmaster (IIRC) are the only manufacturers that use the better 4150 ordnance steel in their barrels instead of the usual 4140 (standard chromoly). For 99.999% of AR-15 owners, the differences in the steel are negligible, though. If I have my facts off a little, somebody will be by shortly to correct them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:00:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By 91stsps:
Are Bushmasters a good quality firearm?



Yes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:17:00 AM EST
Very nice rifles!

I sold my 1st Bushamaster 5 years ago, but I have a new one on order to replace it.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:23:36 AM EST
Yes they are very good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:24:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 5:25:34 AM EST by Chokker]
Make sure that you look at the Bushmaster rifle you buy in direct sun light. You don't want it to have a purple receiver. The quality is good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:27:22 AM EST
Bushmaster make a good commercial firearm.
HFG
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:42:35 AM EST
I've owned my Bushmater (20" A3) for 2 years now and I'm very happy with it. It had one problem - a loose carrier key - but I was on the lookout for that and fixed it myself. It's very accurate and a total blast to shoot.

You may have the odd break-in problem, you may not, but you should find the Bushmaster very much to your liking, as have I.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:00:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 11:01:43 AM EST by Quien]
I've got 6 in different configurations and (knock on wood) have never had a malfunction.

ETA: Forgot, one malfunction: The extractor roll pin in the bolt broke...called Bushmaster and they sent me a new bolt 2 days later. Great customer service.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:09:01 AM EST
hell yea!!!!!!

where the hell have you been????
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:21:29 AM EST
Definetly! I would not hesitate to buy a Bushmaster, Colt , Armalite, or Rock River. All make quality rifles.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:43:43 AM EST
Bushmasters are POS, send them all to me for proper disposal
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:47:04 AM EST
Does a bear poop in the woods?
Top Top