Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2002 10:59:47 AM EDT
I'm planning on putting a bushmaster 14.5" m4a2 or a3 onto a Olympic PCR 02 lower.  Does anyone have experience mixing these two brands together? I would appreciate any input that you could offer.

Thanks in advance,
Hecubus
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pre ban Oly lower and my bushmaster and an off brand upper will not fit without some filing. The upper that came with it fits fine. Just remember if you have trouble, file the upper slightly as it only takes a little. Do not file the lower. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Any brand should fit another, except when Colt large pins are involved. Oly made some oversized lowers, they are preban, BTW, and often the uppers had to be ground down to fit. If you have one of these, and bushy and Oly wont fit together, send the lower in to Oly, and for $100 they will remanufacture it. It will be a brand new lower with the same SN. And its still preban.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a set of calipers to an oly lower sometime.  The internal width of the receiver at the takedown pin is usually about .490".  The nominal post width of an upper is .500"  Some will fit, some will fit really tight, some won't fit without filing.

This is my one enduring gripe with Oly lowers - although they do fit just fine with Oly uppers.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top