Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 1:54:58 PM EDT
I was at the range this afternoon, actually the second time today, I ran out of ammo earlier.  While shooting the trigger on my Bushmaster (standard trigger) failed to return forward.  The initial problem was traced to a blown primer from some 1982 MAL M193 from the first session.  Once I removed the primer, which had gome into the rear of the trigger group, under the safety selector, the rifle fired normally for a few rounds, but quickly developed a nasty habbit.  The trigger would not pull back and the safety selector would not move either.  A little side to side movement of the trigger would result in a audible "click" and the weapon would then fire.

Any ideas?  Did pulling on the trigger with the primer in the works cause damage or something to move out of place?  The trigger group looks O.K., not even that dirty.  

Thanks,

Sarge
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull the hammer, trigger and disconnector out of the receiver and clean the parts.  

Before you reinstall the parts, us a little grease (sto's) on the pins and put the FCG parts back in the rifle.  Chances are that the pins are a little dirty and just need to be cleaned and lubed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have only had 220 rounds through the gun so far, I don't think it is dirt related.  I also am unable to duplicate the failure manually.  The only thing unusual about dry firing it is when I cycle the bolt, with the trigger pulled in, and release the trigger, there is an unusual noise, almost a "thunk", no the normal sound of a trigger reseting.

I have the instructions for assembly of the lower receiver and I plan on reversing them and taking out the trigger parts and cleaning and lubing everything tomorrow.  I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks.

Sarge
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well today I took the lower apart, inspected all the parts - they were fine, cleaned and lubed them with milcomm TW25 grease.  I reassembled the lower, with no apparent change in the function.  I compared it with another Bushy this afternoon and they sound the same.  I guess the test will be putting some more rounds through it and see if it malfs again.

Sarge
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top