Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:54:02 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Bushmaster M4 Type and the Bushmaster M4 Type Patrolman?

Looks like the only difference is in the flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds about right.......i think that the patrol man has an A2 FH while on the 'civi' M4, you have options for either the phantom, izzy brake, or other muzzle device

both have the M4 bbl, and m4 stock
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
According to catalog;M4 will have a 14.5" barrel with permanetly attached flash hider or izzy break,
 or any of the offered flash hiders to bring it upto the BATF compliancy of 16" barrel
Patrol carbine is a 16" barrel ,,so any flash hider will do
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I have a Bushmaster AR-15 A3 M4A1 type Patrolman's Carbine model number XM15-E2S. I hightly recomend it.

Difference is, as others have said: the barrel length, the M4 I believe you are refering to is This one I think, with the Izzy Flash suppressor, which only has a 14.5 barrel, while the Patrolman's Carbine, like mine,  has the full 16 Barrel with the A2 Flash hider. IE this one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top