Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:51:09 AM EST
can somebody give me a formula for poi @ 25yds, 50yds, 75yds, etc. i am bored and want to build a little program that calculates it all for you if you give it barrel lenght, velocity, powder charge, bullet weight, etc.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:02:43 AM EST
Uhh what MV, what bullet weight, what altitude, what humidty, and what wind value do you plan to do your computations based on?

There are 100's of ballistic calculators out there that will compute it online ones, once you can run on your PC, even ones that you can run on your Palm OS PDA - many of them are free.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:18:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 9:19:57 AM EST by bob332]

Originally Posted By Forest:
Uhh what MV, what bullet weight, what altitude, what humidty, and what wind value do you plan to do your computations based on?

There are 100's of ballistic calculators out there that will compute it online ones, once you can run on your PC, even ones that you can run on your Palm OS PDA - many of them are free.

those variables were all going to be whatever you put in. i know there are a lot of calculators out there, but i want to get back into programming (it has been 5 years) so i may as well make something i could use :) could you point me to some of the online calculators, that way i can just get the formula from them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:19:36 AM EST
This doesn't answer your question too well, if at all, but Shoot! v3.0 is available for a free 30-day trial - it's helped me begin to understand ballistics and the effects of the ammo components and external variables. Good graphics and explanations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:32:05 AM EST
hell, that shoot is pretty good. i may as well 86 my project. thanks for the link ;)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:03:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By bob332:
could you point me to some of the online calculators, that way i can just get the formula from them.

I tell ya what head over to The Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site and sign up as a member.

There is a ballistic calculator spreadsheet that you can download (easy to pull the equations from the spreadsheet). Also as the site is a link to the JBM ballistics page with it's online calculator. IIRC they have the equations listed in one of the articles on the site.
Top Top