Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/9/2004 3:53:51 PM EST
I have purchased a Model 1 16" CAR kit.

Which lower receiver would you recommend that I get? There are so many different ones, I'm not sure who to go with. I want a decent one, but not too awfully expensive.

I'd also like people's experiences with Model 1 kits. I've already got mine, but I'm curious how others turned out.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:03:11 PM EST
As far as a lower to buy, get you a milspec one. I've built many, but never from a kit - can't help you there. Good luck new guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:03:51 PM EST
In the past several months I have bought 3 stag lowers and installed DPMS lower parts kits in them. I am extremely pleased with each and every one of them. They go for about $79 a piece if you order 3 or more from Eagle Firearms (supporter of this site).
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:12:10 PM EST
The stags from Eagle Arms is the exact one that I have been looking at. Glad to hear they are decent. Can't beat the price!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:17:59 PM EST
no experience with model 1

but for lowers i have mega's and ameetec's which was in my opinion the best lowers in the price range that i got them for. 80 for the ameetec and 90 for the mega

fit and function on both is perfect
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:42:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2004 7:45:48 PM EST by N3rday]
Lowers:

Mega
Ameetec
Stag Arms
Stinger

All for $90 shipped, give or take $5, and all assembled (minus buttstock) for $150 shipped. Anything more expensive and you are paying for a brand name, unless you get into the funky stuff like the Diamond series receivers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:25:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By scso33:
I have purchased a Model 1 16" CAR kit.

Which lower receiver would you recommend that I get? There are so many different ones, I'm not sure who to go with. I want a decent one, but not too awfully expensive.

I'd also like people's experiences with Model 1 kits. I've already got mine, but I'm curious how others turned out.

Thanks.

The advice given in the above posts on the lowers is great advice.

To answer your questions about Model 1 kits. I've only done one kit, No Ban Carbine just 2 weeks ago. It was great, everything fit together just fine. I did not get a complete kit, as I had a Upper that I had bought 2 years ago from Del Ton when the had them on sale. Head Space was good, and like I said everything fit perfectly. Just as good quality as my JT kit I put together last year, and the First kit I put together from Bushmaster. You should not have any problems!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:38:23 AM EST
Thanks for all the replies.

starsil9, thanks for the words of encouragement!! I can't wait to get my lower and get to putting it all together.
Top Top