Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2013 9:47:49 PM EDT by jhud]
Ive been wanting one for some time, cant find one locally though. However I do have some parts for a "dummy" gun.
The barrel would be a tip and rear section from a demil, held together with a .22 diamter steel rod welded in the bore. The upper would be crushed demil. The stock would be a cracked one with a "bent" buffer tube.
The upper is crushed right beneath the port door..If I can get it straightened out. I might could have a dummy gun with a moving bolt carrier..  Ive got a partly "blown up" carrier to stick in there.

Im just lacking the lower. An 80% lower?  Is there something more in line with what Im wanting to to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:58:43 PM EDT
Some kind of incomplete blem lower, might be tough to find one though.  An NDS wouldn't  need to be reprofiled, a slabside rubber duck would be cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:13:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jhud:
Ive been wanting one for some time, cant find one locally though. However I do have some parts for a "dummy" gun.
The barrel would be a tip and rear section from a demil, held together with a .22 diamter steel rod welded in the bore. The upper would be crushed demil. The stock would be a cracked one with a "bent" buffer tube.
The upper is crushed right beneath the port door..If I can get it straightened out. I might could have a dummy gun with a moving bolt carrier..  Ive got a partly "blown up" carrier to stick in there.

Im just lacking the lower. An 80% lower?  Is there something more in line with what Im wanting to to.

Maybe an Airsoft lower could be adapted to work.

John Thomas

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:42:10 AM EDT
I also vote airsoft lower, but I have the magwell portion of a snapped in half lower if you think you could use it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:34:44 AM EDT
An 80% lower would work but would need extra milling for the rear take down boss. It would then be above 80% and considered a weapon.

May not want the kids getting caught playing with it.

A 0% lower would be a lot of work but just enough machining to get the weapon together it would still be a paper weight.

Airsoft is looking better.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:24:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigRix:
An 80% lower would work but would need extra milling for the rear take down boss. It would then be above 80% and considered a weapon.

Colfax Tactical sells 80% lowers with the rear pocket for the boss milled out already.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 7:52:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CNCprogrammer:
Originally Posted By BigRix:

Colfax Tactical sells 80% lowers with the rear pocket for the boss milled out already.

Thats just what I need.. time to start saving my dimes
Top Top