Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:15:18 PM EDT
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been browsing through all the midlength threads and you folks have convinced me to put together one of my own.  I've been to all the popular vendors mentioned throughout the threads, and as usual, the options are mind boggling.  So I'd like your assistance in summarzing the possibilities, if you would.

Here's the basics of what I'm going for:

* Midlength gas system
* 1:7 or 1:8 twist barrel, chrome lined, M4 feed ramps and contour, threaded muzzle
* A2 front sight post with bayonet lug
* Free float rail tube
* A4 upper receiver with M4 feed ramps
* ARMS #40L BUIS
* Ambidextrous charging handle (are there any left-hand/ambi "tactical" types like the Badger?)

I've already got a new RRA lower with an LMT SOPMOD stock, Chip McCormick single stage trigger and Ergo grip, all ready to go for this.

What are your recommendations for parts to complete this project?  As far as cost goes, I'd like to stay "reasonable."  I don't need the newest, greatest, most expensive parts, but I'm not afraid to pay for quality either--which is why I haven't listed a specific budget.  I just want a good, solid rifle that I can depend on.

Thanks for all your time and help!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Bravo Co. has just what you're looking for...

Check out their BCM Middy
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think Bravo Co. has just what you're looking for...

Check out their BCM Middy

Exactly what came to my mind

The Bravo Company uppers (mid-length) have all the highlights covered.

Chrome-lined, 1/7 twist, M4 contour and feed-ramps, MP tested, A3 (flat-top), and are 5.56 ready.

I'd mount the Daniel Defense 9.0 (or is it 9.5) Rail, maybe a Troy BUIS set, add a few nice USGI mags dressed out with the new Magpul followers and 1,000 rounds of green-tip and hit the range

Beautiful.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out CMMG  Probably the most options of anybody.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
last check, CMMG cuts their ramps.
BCM ramps are proper M4.

**check that- I see they appear to have ramped upper rec.**
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You may want to check out the new SWS tubes. I shot a rifle with one last week & I like it.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=337275
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!

Quick question: will the Government contour accept a 37/40mm launcher?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
no you need M4 cut in the barrel for the launcher
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no you need M4 cut in the barrel for the launcher

What a drag...BCM only offers the mid-length barrel assembly in the Government profile.  

Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch the EE bound to be a middie show up there sooner or later...

Sabre Def barrels sold by Talon Arms also have what you are looking for....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
To my knowledge, only ArmaLite made a middy M4 profile barrel and they are rare as hen's teeth and no longer made. (I have a pic but no host.) Believe me, I wanted one as well but decided on a Sabre middy and I'm glad I did. Maybe ADCO or one of the other ARFCOM supporters could cut the M4 profile for you in a gov't contour. I went with a Samson FF rail, which has an easily removeable bottom rail for M209 attachment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]

recon bbl. 16" ss 1x7-dennysguns
cmt m4 ramped upper reciever-dennysguns
young nm carrier-dennysguns
larue 9.0-gds_enterprise
pri fsb-gandrtactical
troy buis-dennysguns
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Again, thanks for the replies...Much appreciated.

It's no big deal if I can't mount a launcher on a middy.  I just want one because I thought it'd be cool on a mid and because I can...No other reason at all.  I can still scratch that itch with one of my M4gerys.  

Anyway, the confusion was born from being able to mount a launcher on a Government profile barrel and some of the new rail tubes like the afformentioned Samson with the removable bottom.  It seemed to me like it might be possible.  But thanks for clearing it up, Guys.  I appreciate your time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
CMMG - see them
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top