Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:20:45 PM EDT
Hello,
I have just completed my first lower build, well almost. I purchased a Stag lower, parts kit and butt stock from Aim surplus very good to deal with by the way. I took careful measures and laid out all parts being extra careful with takedown detents and springs. I have read many horror stories here. All was good until I went to install the buffer spring and buffer retainer with the buttstock. I didn't screw buffer tube in far enough before releasing pressure on spring and detent thus I experienced a "flyer". The spring went straight up in the air and landed on top of my head "thats appropriate" the buffer spring retainer however land somewhere yet to be determined, my trusty lab who was laying on the floor beside me didnt even flinch so I launched it somewhere probably never to be seen again? To get to the point does anybody have any advice on where to get another one, possibly here in Dayton/Cincinnati area? I just need a buffer retainer and thats all. I would appreciate any thoughts and help.
Thanks
Rod
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW the buffer retainer is not an essential item, and will not effect the function of the rifle if you wish to use it without one.  It just captures the buffer so it does not come out when you disassemble it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top