Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
Has anyone used the AR15 Mags that Brownell's sells.  There was a recent article in a magazine talks about them having a Gov'T contract for 30 rders. suppling the military.  Would anyone consider them USGI???
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
do a search here on ar15, i belive alot of folks has asked about em, if i remember correctly they said they are good mags, i dont remember
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
CP mags, way cheaper here.
Also see the mag forum, theres a whole disscussion about it, several threads infact.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked one up, and it has been fine.  I would have said it was identical to USGI had I not read some of the threads in the mag forum, which pointed out that the welds didn't seem quite as beefy.  When I compare them side by side, I can see the difference, but it is slight.  Mine functions fine, and hasn't fallen apart.

For 12.50 with the industry discount, it's worth picking up if you're ordering some other stuff from Brownells (which I do from time to time).  If they are identical to the mags at the link above, those are a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
SmallChange,
Does your mag drop free when released, or does it have to be pulled out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SmallChange,
Does your mag drop free when released, or does it have to be pulled out?

I have the Brownell's mags and they all drop free from my rifles-DPMS, RRA, Bushmaster and Colt...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Dog1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks Dog1

Not a prob..happy to help...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought 10 and they drop free and work fine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#9]
It drops free.  I just verified it in 4 of my rifles (2 RRAs, 1 Bushie, 1 Sendra).  The RRAs have the tightest magwells of the bunch, so if it drops from them it should be fine in just about anything.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top