Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:12:41 PM EDT
Cant beat this price for good plinking ammo.

www.botach.com/IMI/IMIAmmo/imiammunitions.htm

I'll be ordering a crap load of it. For plinking ammo this is a great value.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Carefull...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a case of the IMI 5.56mm M193, it's on the way, UPS tracking shows it scheduled for delivery on Dec 1st.  The only delay is UPS, they are running a little slow because of the holiday.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You must've missed the post just a few threads down...yeah, that one there with over 2500 views...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, thanks RussB! LOL I did miss it. I just found the web site with the prices, got excited and thought I'd rush here to share my finding. Oh well, so Botach got a free additional plug on AR15.com...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If ordering from them be sure to send them the ammo form it talks about on the page, I emailed and faxed it to make sure they got it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Folks:

FYI, I am a first-time customer of Botach.  On 8 November I paypal'ed them money for a case of the IMI that is being discussed, along with an email with attached ammo order form and my driver license.

Today is what...25 November.  That is 17 days later...I have not received ammo, I have not heard a peep out of Botach, despite sending some emails requesting the status of my order.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any suggestions?
View Quote

Pick up the TELEPHONE and call them, as I did. My order was shipped promptly. No complaints here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Megistopoda, I received an email confirmation from Pay Pal for the transaction, a day later received another email from Pay Pal that the UPS shipping label had been printed, then received an email from UPS showing the shipping label had been printed along with the UPS tracking number.

What may have happened is they might not have received your email of the ammo form, the best solution is to call them and find out what happened, if you have the confirmation from Pay Pal you should have that number in hand when you call.

When I placed my order I emailed and faxed the ammo form to them, just to make sure they got it allright.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Megis I'll tell you right now, you have to hold this company's hand.  I am also a first time buyer.  Or should I say LAST time buyer.You can read about my little endevours in another thread under the ammo forum.

This company does one thing right:  Takes your money.  I got billed for 2400 rds on Nov 3rd.  After several unreturned calls and e-mails I used their "live help" option.  I STILL have not recieved all of my ammo.  They shipped 1200 rds.  Every time I talked to them about the rest of my ammo they gave me the order # and tracking # for the 1200 rds I alresdy got!

I was told last week the rest of my ammo, "Was shipped just this morning". (Nov 17th)  I was pretty sure they were giving me the runaround---and they were.  I "chatted" with them earlier today and they told me the exact same thing they said last week!  "Just shipped this morning".  

They are a bunch of fucking liars.  I shit you not.  The only way you are going to get your product is if you get in their face!  They're goddamn lucky they're not any closer.  I'd hop in the truck and let those pricks try to lie to my face.

I was promised again that I would be e-mailed my tracking # "later today" (Nov 25th).  Do you think I got my # in my mail?  Fuck no.  The money you think you will save will be spent via your time doing their job.

They did'nt seem to have any trouble accepting your paypal did they?

Happy hunting.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone is concidering purchasing from this company be carefull. I have seen several threads including one long one about how bad their service is. Lots of problems with them and the problems are consistant. It might not be worth the price with the headaches involved.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
OK folks...some heated discusstions regarding Botach.

I did call them the other day.  I talked to Jeffrey.  They DID receive my email, and did have my driver license.  And of course, they DID receive the paypal payment.  However, they claimed to have not received my ammo form (which had been attached to the same email as the attached DL scan).  So, that was wierd.  

Jeffrey told me to send the email again...so I did, and again attached the ammo form and DL.  I asked that he contact me about the order right away (which he hasn't).  

I don't have the frustration level of Newbie (yet), but I totally understand how you feel.

Perhaps this has to do with the fact that they mainly deal with LEO or Military orders?  Who knows?  But goddamn...if you are going to advertise a service, then you owe it to your customers to get it right.

Perhaps, after this run-around, I will just stick with Wideners!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Right now the other ammo deal that is close to this one is from Wholesale Hunter.

[url]http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/subcategory.asp?scid=11&ret_id=373508[/url]
Freight isn't included, but it's still a pretty good deal on Federal M193, 1,000 rds for $149.50 plus freight.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess people have gotten too lax in dealing with distributors.

1.  Never frigging ever use Pay Pal unless you like supporting an organization that supports anti-gunners.

2.  The phone is your friend.  I only use online ordering for a select few dealers.  I call in orders for everyone else.  Mostly cause I like to shoot the shyte with them and cause they can turn you on to some good deals that you don't get online.

3.  If you do buy online and you haven't received a confirmation within 24 hours see #2.

Geesh everyone knows Botach sucks, you just have to learn how to deal with them.  Kinda like Ammoman - never ever preorder a great mil surplus deal that he has comming in.  Can you say ala India.

MM
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, that happened with me as well.  Botach got all the info to charge my credit card but not enough to know that I purchased ammo.  Yup, that's strange since they were both faxed at the same time.  I even got a fax confirmation from Kinko's.

By the way...Is'nt it illegal to bill someones card without shipping the product?  I pre ordered SA80 mags from Ammoman, but never got charged till they shipped.

Keep on 'em man.  They'll get sick of hearing from you and finish their job.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
By the way...Is'nt it illegal to bill someones card without shipping the product? I pre ordered SA80 mags from Ammoman, but never got charged till they shipped.
View Quote

No, it's not illegal, it's done all the time, but the [b]best vendors don't charge your card till the product ships.[/b]  I just placed a small order with Wholesale Hunter, I noticed that their policy is that they don't charge till the product ships.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Buyer Beware,  Those crooks at BOTACH stole 250 bucks from me, the only reason I got it back was my credit card company went to bat for me.  They could not produce a VALID tracking number.  I still took me months of heartache to clear this up.  I would support board sponsors even if it cost a little more.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Regarding the Botach hassles.....

Finally, I got hold of them on phone, and was promised that a UPS tracking number was to be sent my way that day.  Well, two days later, I had the number.  Today, I got my ammo....it is great looking ammo.....

So, just depends on if a possible hassle is worth it to you.  

In Botach's defense, I probably could have ordered in a more "logical" manner...I emailed my driver license and ammo form, and sent paypal payment separately.  Next time, if there is one, I will call someone there and use a credit card, and as I am placing my order, will email them the ammo form WHILE I HAVE THEM ON THE PHONE...that will confirm the entire order "package" arrives at one time, and at least one person there will know about it.  

In criticism, I was UTTERLY disappointed with their unwillingness to communicate what was going on...they took my payment, and then it was up to me to call and ensure that the order was complete.  Not the way to do "good business" but after it was all said and done, I have a bunch more great ammo...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my order from them OK, but they really do need to work on their customer service skills!  I'm very happy with the ammunition, I had the chance to shoot some of the ammo last week, works great, function was perfect, but I wasn't in a situation to really check for accurcy yet.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, I FINALLY got my ammo from then also.  There won't be a next time for me.  The time and headache was WAY to much for the cost savings.  I'll definately be ordering all other ammo from elsewhere.

On the defence for the ammo------It functioned flawlessly.  Burns pretty clean and plenty of zip.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top