Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:00:41 PM EDT
How often should one clean the bore with a bore brush ?

I heard that its not good to use a bore brush after each shoot just if the dirt and fouling is affecting the accuracy of the firearm.. Any thoughts ?
thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:58:58 PM EDT
I use a bore brush every time I clean. I just don’t overdo it with the scrubbing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:03:45 PM EDT
Since I'm a poor college student, let's say I only shoot 100-200 rounds everytime I go shooting. I happen to think many people ruin their barrels by overcleaning (overscrubbing). Should I just take 1 or 2 passes with the brush if I shoot that many rounds per trip?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:19:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swenis:
Since I'm a poor college student, let's say I only shoot 100-200 rounds everytime I go shooting. I happen to think many people ruin their barrels by overcleaning (overscrubbing). Should I just take 1 or 2 passes with the brush if I shoot that many rounds per trip?

You can't ruin a gun by over cleaning! A clean gun will last longer as it has less abrasive crud in it and instead is clean and oiled which means less wear. I scrub my bores till the patch comes out clean. This usually takes several dozzen passes with a brush both ways! over the last couple decades of scrubbing the heak out of my barrels none have been damaged by it in any way.
Top Top