Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:04:44 AM EDT
This is the second time this has happened to me.  The first time was after a 3 mag dump and the second time was after a 2 mag dump.  Anyway the bolt closed fine after the mags were empty but when I went to open the bolt manually to double check they were empty my bolt sticks back about 1 inch from all the way back.  I can't figure out how to get it to go forward.  Using the forward assist doesn't do anything.  Do I need to remove the buffer tube to get it loose?  Please tell me what I can do.

I have only shot 400 rounds of Wolf through it since it was new.  I cleaned it when I first got it but haven't since?  Is this my problem?  I knew wolf was dirty but didn't think it would jam after only 400 rounds.  Can you guys give me some advise?  Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Ironic
When in doubt, clean, lube, and use cleaner ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit the bolt relase?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
rubber hammer or boot heel on the forward assist.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I cleaned it when I first got it.  I will go through it again though and give it a super thourough cleaning and if it happens again I will know that isn't the problem.  So does the forward assist work when the bolt is all the way back?  (Can you use the forward assist throughout the entire travel of the bolt?)  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I cleaned it when I first got it.  I will go through it again though and give it a super thourough cleaning and if it happens again I will know that isn't the problem.  So does the forward assist work when the bolt is all the way back?  (Can you use the forward assist throughout the entire travel of the bolt?)  Thanks.

No look at the bolt, see the notches in the side?  They have to line up with the FA plunger for it to move the bolt forward.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I got the thing free'd up and pulled the bolt out.  Wasn't real dirty but when I did the FA plunger (the part that makes contact with the bolt) fell out.  I'm guessing this is why it was locking up on me.  Looks like the pin that holds it in place just fell out.  It's a little beat up.  

The rifle is a Rock River M4.  I built the lower, bought the upper.  All RRA parts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top