Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:15:48 PM EDT
My Colt's bolt gets hung up every few rounds causing feeding issues while denting the round still in the magazine - it's almost like it runs out of energy to strip and chamber.

There is a smallish dent on one side of the bolt carrier which may show in the picture, I wonder if I should stone off the sharp edge or if the problem is somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1456/bolt8vv.jpg
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Got out to the woods today - tried the factory Colt 9 round mag and five Colt 20's and a thermamold 30 rounder. Every magazine worked fine with one round, so I tried filling a couple and dang if the problem was almost gone on it's own. I still see scrap marks on about half the casings, but not nearly like it did last time. I also used a bunch of mil surplus ammo this time.

I also compared my bolt carrier with some others and noticed they had rounded edges, while mine are quite sharp. I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can find some more ammo to try.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top