Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:27:43 PM EDT
This is my first post here so be nice. Heres my story leading into a few questions. I ordered a cheap 4 pos. stock I was going to use for an AR style stock for my 10/22. I decided instead of building a look alike, why not build the real thing!! So anyways, my stock showed up today and I noticed the buffer (just the buffer) has something in it when you shake it. Is this normal? Also its not completly round but has 3 flats on the rear of it. Also is this normal? I'm fairly shure I will have more questions before my build is done but thats why we are all here, to answer questions and show off how cool our projects turned out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:31 PM EDT
Welcome to the forums.
The something inside of your buffer, are the weights. Perfectly normal.
The 3 flats are normal also. They make removal/installation of the buffer, in the reciever extension easier.
If you do not yet have one, I recommend you get a military TM on the M16. Lots of good info on field stripping, and re-assembly, general maintenance, care and feeding, ect.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:56:58 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. I will have to track down one of those manuals. I have been spending some time reading here and I feel I should have no problems assembling the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:40:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By anotherred:
Thanks for the reply. I will have to track down one of those manuals. I have been spending some time reading here and I feel I should have no problems assembling the rifle.

See the "INFORMATION" just above "HOMETOWN" up there to the right ? Touch it, and a list will pop-up, click "Manuals & Downloads", select the TM from the next list I think it is.
Top Top