Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:45:23 AM EDT
I need some advice on how to clean inside the bolt carrier, specifically where the rear of the bolt comes into contact and the opposite end where the firing pin enters.  I usually soak the carrier in Carb Cutter for 24 hours and try to get a bristle brush and maybe a swab down in that region but can't seem to get all the carbon out of the nicks/crannies.

Advice please.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no easy way, Ray.

I use solvent and dental tools.  It's hard chromed so you won't scratch in there unless you are totally brainless.

It's not actually necessary to get the carbon out of there, but I can't stand leaving it dirty so I scrape as much out as I can.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
This was just covered.

Bolt carrier cleaning
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top