Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 3:31:29 PM EDT
Is Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner really that good? Does it make clean up that much quicker than Butch's or Shooter's Choice? Is there anything negative about Blue Wonder? Also if Blue Wonder strips any oils off the surface that it is used on, it this enough to put TW-15 on it without further degreasing?

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
i used it on a g21. i followed the instructions on the tube to the letter. after i dried the barrel with clean patches, i lubed it with clp. well, i guess i didn't completely get the stuff all out, although the patches came out dry. 5 days later i dried the barrel before shooting and happened to look in there, and that thing was pitted from the throat to the end of the barrel. with the clp on top of the blue wonder, the barrel underneath was not protected and pitted. so, no the shit sucks. i called novumsolutions, and they told me it was my fault. i ask how that could be since i followed their instructions. their reply was i should have went to novums website for special product instructions. it didn't say anything about this on the tube. ofcourse they wouldn't replace the barrel because it was my fault for following their instructions. go figure. i had to replace my own barrel for $130.00. i really don't care about the money but they should have made it right since the directions on the tube are bogus.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top