BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2003 6:02:49 PM EDT
Where did the Blakhawk Omega vest thread go? I ordered one and was wondering if anybody got theres yet. Thanks

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too, I order one and am looking for th thread as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah i asked that same question this weekend. something sounds Phishy. lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
it was there on sat morning. i used it to order a second one. hmmm?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one also.  I checked the status of my order on-line, and it stated that it was shipped on Friday via 3 day Fedex.  Hopefully I'll get it by tomorrow.  Will post when I get it, and definitely post if I don't.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
It must have been removed since it is not AR15 related.

thread regarding gear should be posted under Armory/Misc/Tactical Gear section.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I just ordered mine a little bit ago along with an extra pair of ERT BDU's and then hit Blackhawk's site for a nice closeout Dropleg holster with that will hold my HK with he laser.  I love closeout prices.  :)  If you need the link to the site that is selling the vests it is

[url]www.galls.com[/url]  just search their closeouts.  or be lazy and click these:

[url]http://www.galls.com/shop/viewclearance.jsp?catcode=M&brandcode=205[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one with the xdraw holster Fri nite and they confirmed my order. Sat I get an email that the xdraw vest is no longer avail.
I called them up and switched to the reg vest. No sweat. If anyone has an extra vest with the xdraw and would like to trade let me know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I posted the original thread here, as I thought it would get much more exposure, thus benefit more people, by posting it here...

I am still waiting for mine also, hopefully it will be here later today...

Dave
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
my 1st one (x draw) came today. i wasn't home for the signature so i hope to get it tomorrow. damn. my second (omega) just shipped today.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, I received mine this afternoon. I ordered the OD Omega vest. I can tell you that it was made in Korea and has the recoil pad on the right shoulder. Brand new in the wrap. I wish I had more money to order more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
it is not AR15 related.

View Quote

That is a subject of some debate.

"This is the AR Discussions forum. AR Specific Discussions may include questions and topics about AR15 manufacturers, legal issues, troubleshooting, configurations, parts, services, purchasing advise [b]and any thing else that involves the the legal use of an AR15 rifle. [/b]Any topic or discussion that does not apply is subject to being locked and/or moved from this forum."

They were vest designed primarily for carrying AR15 mags. Being purchased by members of this forum, for use with AR15 rifles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
i just got my OD x draw and it is identical to the current vest on the BH web site. same model # and everything. retails for $140 on the BH site. i paid $50. WOW what a savings. i hope the omega is the current model also. i'll know in a day or so when it comes in. these do not appear to be discontinued models as previously stated. maybe they are, but they don't look like it. excellent value. if anybody needs a vest. this is the best deal i've seen. thanks for the original post, buck.

to make this an ar15 related post i will try and pack 6 ar15 mags in the 3 pouches on this vest this evening.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Got mine today and it's sweet. (save Koren made) Thanks for the original post Buck. Swaping over all my old GI LCE stuff now.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
it is not AR15 related.

View Quote

"This is the AR Discussions forum. AR Specific Discussions may include questions and topics about AR15 manufacturers, legal issues, troubleshooting, configurations, parts, services, purchasing advise [b]and any thing else that involves the the legal use of an AR15 rifle. [/b]Any topic or discussion that does not apply is subject to being locked and/or moved from this forum."

They were vest designed primarily for carrying AR15 mags. Being purchased by members of this forum, for use with AR15 rifles.
View Quote

The thread was NOT moved because it wasn't AR related.

We are currently reviewing our policy of unpaid advertising/selling on AR15.com. I know it sucks but it's NOT fair to the companies that PAY to advertise and to sell their products here.  

Please bare with us while we determine the proper course of action for these situations.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I don't know if you are taking votes, but I think there is a huge difference between an unpaid advertisement from a company/vendor and a "heads up on a good deal" from a normal member, unaffiliated with the company selling the product...

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it is not AR15 related.

View Quote

View Quote

We are currently reviewing our policy of unpaid advertising/selling on AR15.com. I know it sucks but it's NOT fair to the companies that PAY to advertise and to sell their products here.  

Please bare with us while we determine the proper course of action for these situations.
View Quote

This board is about "the community of AR-15 users" and anyone should be able to post any thing that helps or saves another member time and or money, weather they are a paid contributor/sponsor or not. AR15.com is becoming a little too comercial lately (ie. group buys and all)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Although this portion of the site is currently under construction, most of the Blackhawk vests and packs are shown. It'll take some time to get all of these part numbers and images loaded, but check it out...

[red]link to commercial web site removed[/red]

Be well!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This board is about "the community of AR-15 users" and anyone should be able to post any thing that helps or saves another member time and or money, weather they are a paid contributor/sponsor or not. AR15.com is becoming a little too comercial lately (ie. group buys and all)
View Quote

You are correct. We are a comminity of AR-15 users but what most people do not see is the fact that it takes a lot of money to pay for the bandwith for the 50,000 users that browse this board.

Lets look at the other side of the coin. What if when you browsed this forum, there was advertising threads mixed in all over the place, that would suck too. We are working on finding a happy ending for everybody.

Please try to understand the situation is out of my hands at this point until we come to a conclusion with site staff and admin.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, Frank!

Damian
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Since I am the original poster, I would like to chime in on this.... Just so everyone knows, I am not associated with Galls or anyone else, I just ran across this on another bulletin board that is primarily aimed towards computer geeks and tightwads looking for the best bang for the buck... (sorry about all the bad puns...), and I fit both those categories...[:D]. I just wanted to share this with an audience who could better appreciate this type of deal....

On the other hand, I understand exactly the dilema the moderators are going through, they are stuck in the middle of serving both the community with the content, and providing a fair forum for the very people who pay for this sight to exist, the advertisers.... I try and support the advertisers by buying from them, having dealt with both MSTN and G and R Tactical, both whom were exceptional to deal with, and will continue to deal with in the future... I apologize to the people whose business this might have had an impact on, I realize how hard it is to earn a dollar in this particular industry... On the other hand, I am glad to help out the people who benefitted from the original thread... I am glad I am not in the moderators position of having to decide who is best served by the post.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I brought the subject back up so I'm gonna chime in. First I should, like the many others here have spent the money to become a real deal AR15.com member. That being said I can relate to AR15.com "dealers" and "industry partners" having a legit complaint about free advertising, if I was paying to be one I wouldn't want someone else getting for free what I had to pay for. However in a case like this BUCK_NAKED had nothing to gain from posting the deal with Gall's unless his income is in some way tied to sales at Gall's. While noone can know if BUCK_NAKED is Mr. Gall we can assume he was just trying to do the AR community a favor, I think this is why we all come here to share info good deals ect. Was it the right board? When I first saw his thread I said no but I was greatful because he knows most people (I think) spend most of there time here.

Glockdog

Airborne!!

Edit: BUCK you beat me to all the points I was trying to make
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh no, I ain't baring nothing with ya'll. I may bear with you, I may even find that boring, but I refuse any attempt at group baring.[nono]

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I gotta hope a case like this falls under fair posting. I would never have bought that vest at retail price. Thanks for the heads up.
I am a paying member and I have bought literally thousands of dollars of stuff thru the EE and advertising dealers as well as been steered towards other deals like this one.
I appreciate the heads up from a member who has nothing to gain from the sale.JMHO
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to hijack the hijack.  I just got mine yesterday.  Would of gotten it sooner, but there was no Apt# on the address even though it was on the invoice.  I ordered two, and they both came within three business days (four if count the apt# screw up).  I ordered the plain one with mag pouches only.  The mag pouches seem to be real tight when stuffed with two magazines.  I am attributing this to being new.  Anyone else experience this?  I loaded one vest with 12 mags, and will leave them loaded for the next couple of days hoping they will loosen up and break in.  I will swap the mags with the other vest.  Will post results in a new thread afterwards.

In regards to the issue of free advertising, if the original poster is not associated with Galls, and this was a heads up for a great deal then I see nothing wrong with it.  I also think it wrong that someone misrepresents themselves for free advertising on this site.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#27]
i kinda figured that is what happened to the original. it would sux if one couldnt post a good deal to fellow AR15ers, so instead of us paying 49.99 + shipping, the original poster couldve bought 20 of them himself and sold them on here for 80bux + shipping, which is still a good deal (99bux wholesale) but instead he was helping US, instead of helping HIMSELF, there is more to it than dollar signs, I am speculating that some vender on here got their panties in a wad cause they are selling them at a ridiculous price or something. i have seen links to companies ALL the time, cant see why this particular one is diff. probably cause its ONE HELLA DEAL. lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for your clarification GoatBoy, I Truely enhjoy this board. :)
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought removing a thread that was only meant to help other members and in NO way hurt the site vendors was/is a poor choice.

I would not have paid retail for this piece of equipment so no vendor here lost on a sale to me.

My crossdraw vest came in last night and it was a great deal ...$63.23 to my door. Now I may just sell it on the E&E to spite [red]the vendor who complained.[/red]

[b]THANKS Buck_Naked [/b]

Edited to add:

[red] This was an assumption on my part. I have been assured that this was not the case. We all know what happens when we assume. Yes I made a [moon] off myself.[/red] On the plus side I will keep my vest.

I hope members will always be able to share deal such as this without worrying about breaking some rule.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought removing a thread that was only meant to help other members and in NO way hurt the site vendors was/is a poor choice.

I would not have paid retail for this piece of equipment so no vendor here lost on a sale to me.

My crossdraw vest came in last night and it was a great deal ...$63.23 to my door. [red]Now I may just sell it on the E&E to spite the vendor who complained.[/red]

[b]THANKS Buck_Naked [/b]
View Quote

I am not aware of a vendor that complained. Do you know something that I don't?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I would like to put my vote in on this. I hope when the final rules are ironed out, that post like this will be allowed. I feel it would be a great disservice to everyone here to keep this kind of thing from happening.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Can someone email me off the forum and tell me where the good deals came from?  I am looking for a vest.  thanx
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
barneyfife505,
Just click on the links in the sixth post on the first page.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Vest is on its way :) should see it in a few days. Thanx for the heads up, I never would have thought to check the clearance section
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#35]
are they all out????  damn man, i want one of the X draws!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#36]
awwwwwwwww F%@# man the X-draws are all gone :(
I have been holdng off b/c i cant justify the $130 for it....

Anyway, if someone ordered a bunch or wants to get rid of theirs PLEASE let me know.  I would appreciate it!

LT out
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I got mine a few days ago, and it is absolutely bad ass!  The OD green one with the six mag pouches.  I'm all set to defend the food court from any insurrection!

Know the best part?  The yahoos still haven't charged my credit card!  Tempting as it is to not say anything, I'll give them a few more days before I call them and inform them of the error.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You gotta be kidding me.  "free advertising" is when someone who is selling something, like Ammoman, MTSN, Georgia Precision, posts it outside the equipment exchange where the for sale adds belong. Several commercial members of this board are very guilty of that, repeatedly. Paying for a banner ad shouldnt mean free reign to spam the board.  But when an [b]individual[/b] finds a good deal, and shares it with the board so we can all benifit from that good deal, that's not "free advertising." Its one of the main reasons I'm on this board.

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#39]
i got my second one (omega) yesterday. the deal was so i told everybody i could think of. if the paying advertisers want to drop their prices to meet this, then i'll buy from them. no problem. i buy stuff from paying advertisers all the time, but something this good needs to be posted so the members can participate in such a deal.

(my concept on how discussion forums work)
these forums were created for members. the paid advertisers came after the members. without the members there is no forum or a place for paid advertisers.

i do not see a difference between the "discontinued" vests i ordered and what is current in the black hawk catalog. my vests are identical to the new ones on the black hawk web page. what is discontinued about these vests?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i do not see a difference between the "discontinued" vests i ordered and what is current in the black hawk catalog. my vests are identical to the new ones on the black hawk web page. what is discontinued about these vests?
View Quote

Does it have a rubbery textured panel on the right shoulder or does it just have webbing?  If it has the rubbery "sniper shoulder", it is just like the ones in the current catalog.  If it has just webbing, it is the old model and that is why it is "discontinued."
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#41]
both the omega and the xdraw i got have the rubber padded shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#42]

UNQUOTE

This type of thread should stay. When an individual/company is making just "for sale" post or trying to beat paying advertizers by one dollar - then okay lockit or remove it but when someone finds or for that matter has a closeout or super deal then it should stay. That is one of the reasons for hanging out on the boards to find out about good products, good prices and customer service.
I doubt Galls.com was making much of a profit on these vest and if so the advertizers here have every right to make a post saying "hey we will match or beat the price".
Its a free market system.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Gotta chime in on this one.  I got my Omega vest yesterday an dit rocks.  It has the rubber shoulder pad on it and it just like my $200 shotgunners tactical vest.  Just $150 cheaper.  I see what teh mods are saying and agree with the logic behind it.  Also if I am not mistaken I think one of the "benefits" of being a paid advertiser is the ability to post deals in discussion forums.  I could be mistaken but I think that when I read the rules it says that. MODS: Why not just create a General Forum specifically for those that are looking for good deals can just browse that forum.  You can poll the people that count (the users of the site) and find out if they want it to be just for outside deals that may be found OR a combination of dealers on the board AND outside deals.  Have a Mod review them and see if that mod feels that it is a person representing any company, if so contact that person and clarify.  Most Mods know who is who and can figure it out just by who posted it.  What do you all think of that idea?  I know I am not personally against it, hell it would make it easier to find them instead of them sliding to the end real quick if noone replies to it.

Thanks for the original post I love my vest, cant beat the price, and I just spent another $300 on a lower and some parts from a delaer on this board.

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#45]
I saw a post about this in anandtech.com's hot deals forum, they got it from fatwallet if IIRC.  I emailed my family and some friends.    

Got mine after about 4 days, it is great for $64.  The Crossdraw is an Omega, and the shoulder pad is rubbery and has a ridge laterally.  My Glock 19 fits perfectly, as do the mags. It has 4 pouches for pistol mags, 3 for AR mags.  

Great deal!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered mine the morning after I saw the original post.  I had to wait till then and do it over the phone because of an account type error.  I was worried they would all be gone.  I got it in the mail a few days ago, and it had the shooting pad.  I am wondering if they ran out of the discontinued model and had to give me the new one.  This is assuming what I read about them discontinuing the model without the pad for one with the pad - was true.  I was a greedy pig and ordered extras for special gifts, sorry if I took yours (but not so sorry you are getting a gift!)[;)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I got mine in yesterday.  Unfortunately they were out of hte cross draw so I got the other one.  I was pleasantly suprised.  It had the sniper shoulder and on the top left pocked it even had a shot shell holder.  What an awesome deal!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I saw a post about this in anandtech.com's hot deals forum, they got it from fatwallet if IIRC.  I emailed my family and some friends.    

Got mine after about 4 days, it is great for $64.  The Crossdraw is an Omega, and the shoulder pad is rubbery and has a ridge laterally.  My Glock 19 fits perfectly, as do the mags. It has 4 pouches for pistol mags, 3 for AR mags.  

Great deal!!
View Quote

LOL! That was me again.... [:D] I was part of the original group who got the hot deals forum going... If you were around long enough you had probably heard about the buy.com/hitatchi monitor fiasco that precipitated the founding of the hot deals forum.... and yes, I originally found this deal on fatwallet.com, and credited the original poster.....

Glad you got your vest!

Dave
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Can someone tell me what the velcro flaps on the shoulder are for on the Omega X draw?
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me what the velcro flaps on the shoulder are for on the Omega X draw?
View Quote

Adjusting the shoulders. It will make the pouches ride higher.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top