User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:44:41 AM EDT
Linkie

Talked to them yesterday and confirmed that they are taking orders starting in the AM Monday.  Looks like they are in line as far as price is concerned with the ramline+kit loader and they indicated it is of better durability.  Get 'em while they're hot.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a price on their website.  Did they indicate what these things are going to cost when you talked to them?
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't see a price on their website.  Did they indicate what these things are going to cost when you talked to them?
Black Dog Machine Magazine Loader

Price: $120.00
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW $120. I will load mine by fingers for now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:Looks like they are in line as far as price is concerned with the ramline+kit loader and they indicated it is of better durability.  Get 'em while they're hot.....

Im guessing here, but the good thing is if you break the Butler Creek used by Black Dog Machine, you can always replace it for ~$30. If you break the Ram Line, you are out of luck, unless you *happen* to find one. No doubt, the Ram Line Auto Loaders are few and far between these days.

jonblack
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My thought exactly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Black Dog products but $120.00 for a loader that's alittle high in my book! I will be reloading with my fingers instead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought exactly.

Plus 2
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Black Dog Machine Magazine Loader

Price: $120.00

They'll have to keep that one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 25 BDM mags and its nice to load them all in ten minutes or less time.
I have wached another shooter at the range loading 5 mags that took longer and
had sore fingers after loading les than 500 rnds.
I like more shooting time and less loading time when I'm at the range.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
If you running a FA M16 or you have more $ than you know what to do with i could see buying one, but for the everyday guy with a Semi.....

NO WAY, talk about ripping people off. IMHO
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
If we had already called and been placed on the waiting list, do we need to contact the office again, or will we be receiving an e-mail.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wouldn't call it a "rip off" and you all wouldn't either when you see the thought that went into it and the quality materials. Just so you know we have over  $40 in just materials and they are anodized. The big picture is to build molds for all the parts and get the price down to $60 but the all alum ones will have to do until then. Those who get them will know they have something good in their hands.

When the price gets down to $60, I'll probably bite.  Until then, I can put up with sore fingers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn!

People were bitching and moaning about the need for a quality loader b/c their fingers hurt and now that there is a quality loader people are now bitching about cost .

Link Posted: 8/18/2008 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Damn!

People were bitching and moaning about the need for a quality loader b/c their fingers hurt and now that there is a quality loader people are now bitching about cost .

nugentgl, I agree!

I got on the list and will be shipped one out of the first 20.  I will not bitch about the price.  I will get the loader, use the loader, enjoy the mechanics of the loader and never look back at the price.

Life's short, eat desert first!

If I had time to load my mags I would have sore fingers from loading them all, so the loader for whatever the price is, is a no brainer for me.  It's a time and finger saver.  Having the loader will give me more time to shoot and less time fumbling with 22 rounds one at a time.  Hey, I have a car to take me to work every day because I don't want to take the time to walk and risk sore leg muscles.  I had to pay for the car.  The car was a bit more than the loader.  It just makes life easier and more enjoyable.  This may be taking my point to an extreme but I think you get what I'm saying here guys.

BD, thanks for making my life easier  and more enjoyable with your new loader!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: Hey, I have a car to take me to work every day because I don't want to take the time to walk and risk sore leg muscles.  I had to pay for the car.  The car was a bit more than the loader.  It just makes life easier and more enjoyable.

This is a good point!

The way I figure it all:
Loader = $131 shipped
That translates to ~450 round of the cheapest .223
Anything that helps me shoot .22LR over .223 will pay for itself - quickly.

Thank you, BDM for taking the time to engineer the loader, make the CAD drawings, purchase the raw materials (including 300 Butler Creek loaders), make a substantial investment in the CNC machinery, install it, learn to use it, make the parts, anodize, and assemble these devices.

Sure, you'll be rewarded for your efforts in the form of making a handsome profit. What's wrong with that?

My guess is any money you make will get rolled into the next project, which is most likely something else a lot of us will appreciate, and no one else but you will invest heavily in to provide for us.

jonblack
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody know if this loader will work with the "skinny" BDM mags? I've still got several of those.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anybody know if this loader will work with the "skinny" BDM mags? I've still got several of those.

Yes
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Bitching seems to be a full time job for way too many Americans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bitching seems to be a full time job for way too many Americans.

In my case, if the women in my life didn't bitch, I would never here them talk at all.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Some people have money and some dont. Some people that have money still bitch about spending money. Money is issue to most people. If I had a full auto rig then yes for sure I would spend the money for the loader. But im like most guys that only use my 22 conversion from time to time. If your loader is half as good as your mags they will sell in time. Soon I need to order some BD mags and maybe later order a loader when I build a deacated 22 LR AR. Money is the key to the way u live, I wish I had more to spend. My fingers dont hurt unless I try to load some Colt 9mm mags without my Lula.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Excellent advice!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#23]
120 is a bit steep... although I would like to have one... we'll see...

I'll probably wait for price to come down...

and I don't wanna here the "parts and machining cost this and this" BS... I used to work on a CNC machine... I've done manufacturing... I know what time and effort and money are put into such matters...

I'm not saying 120 is a rip off if it is in fact a quality product... it's just unaffordable for the man who is already trying to cut back on shooting costs hence he is using a .22LR kit to save on money...
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I wouldn't call it a "rip off" and you all wouldn't either when you see the thought that went into it and the quality materials. Just so you know we have over  $40 in just materials and they are anodized. The big picture is to build molds for all the parts and get the price down to $60 but the all alum ones will have to do until then. Those who get them will know they have something good in their hands.

Make one that works with GSG 5 mags and I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you running a FA M16 or you have more $ than you know what to do with i could see buying one, but for the everyday guy with a Semi.....

NO WAY, talk about ripping people off. IMHO

Expensive, yes, but hardly a rip off.  

Blackdog, any chance you're working on some type of box loader that simply slides over the mag and press down on the rounds to load?  Something in the $10-20 range would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
For the amount that I already shoot my Spikes upper, it makes sense for me.  Not saying that it is the case for everyone, but the time savings for large volume shooting is pretty substantial.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]

nugentgl,

I Like your way of thinking
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#29]
We all understand products have to make money, and new products always cost more at 1st. IMHO most people who shoot .22 do it because of the cost factor, and some do it for the fun factor as well. No dought in my mind that BDM has a good product there, its just way to high priced ( hence "the rip-off") for the guys already trying to cut cost. I own many BDM mags and they are the best thing out there at the moment,  but for 120 big ones I can go to Walmart and buy 5500 federal .22LRs and have alot of fun.

$120 seems me, like they are taking advantage of people, although people are willingly paying the price it think its alittle to high. On the other hand getting top dollar for you product is good business so long as it sells.

Just My opion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#30]
They will sell a few but the product won't take off until the price comes down. Right now with all the .22's that are being bought and using BDM mags is probably what they are banking on. Not going to work out I think.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Ripoff is little harsh, expensive surely,  Worth it, yet to be determined.  It looks like a good piece of kit tho.  I'm on the fence as I have two BDM mag loaders, one's 13 and one's 11, damn kids got to be good for something.

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 5:52:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ripoff is little harsh, expensive surely,  Worth it, yet to be determined.  It looks like a good piece of kit tho.  I'm on the fence as I have two BDM mag loaders, one's 13 and one's 11, damn kids got to be good for something.

Jeff

Still waiting on mine to get a little older.
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff

If you think $120 is expensive, wait until you see the bills for high school and college
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff

If you think $120 is expensive, wait until you see the bills for high school and college

You'll have to invest in a BD loader to save time.  You will need a second job to pay for your kids edumakation!
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#35]
One already has scholarship and is step-kid so real Dad pays rest, my sub-human mutant spawn of my loins is going to have to earn it.  Hopefully, a couple years in the service will set him right.

JEff
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I think the cost is reasonable.  You have to consider that M60joe's modified Ramline loader sells for about $140.  That was before Ramline discontinued the loader.
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Sherm

Yep, thanks for reminding me about that one. Looking at his website they are $135. I have never used one of his, but it doesn't look like it has a mag catch. From what I understand, Black Dog's has an AR mag catch on it. Plus, like I said before, if you break the Butler Creek, you can always buy another, Bass Pro, or where ever. Try finding a Ram Line right now.

jonblack
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Big +1.  I was looking at fabricating my own but the hours spent on a one off just didn't make any sense.  When the nice lady on the phone said $120 plus shipping, I didn't even pause.  Hope it works :)
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#39]
At $120, I'll pass until they hit the streets and seem to work without having to take a file to it;  you know, like you have to do the mags to get them to run.

Link Posted: 8/20/2008 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Yikes that is a chunk of change.  I'll have to wait till they come down to 60.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm glad they made it around the Butler Creek loader instead of the impossible to find Ramline.  I like the twisting motion of the BC over pushing a button.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yikes that is a chunk of change.  I'll have to wait till they come down to 60.  

My guess is, a $60 plastic loader might come to fruition if the 300 first run aluminum loaders sell well. The aluminum mag loaders won't ever be $60.

jonblack
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I got the shipping email today--I was quite pleased because I'm in the second group that wasn't promised for 3 weeks.  Personally, I know I'll use mine enough that the price doesn't seem out of proportion.  I also think the uber AL construction will be nice, although a somewhat cheaper plastic version would probably expand the market substantially.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Got mine today (I was in the 50's I believe on the wait list), and I have to say that it is well worth the money.  Rachel shipped it on the 10th and it just landed in my hands 5 minutes ago.  These things are awesome looking.  Can't wait to get home to test function.  I have the other Ramline loader, too.  Got to put the last few rounds by hand.  I hope this works better.  I'd much rather spend the money to get something that will let me spend less time loading and more time shooting.  Get one of the 300 aluminum ones.  You won't be disappointed.  You will defintiely get your money's worth.  After all, the BC loaders will be around for a long time I suspect.  Thanks BDM, especially Rachel, for your great communication and customer service!  All of you sitting on the fence, you know you want one, so go on and do it!  

This is the Sarah Palin of BDM loaders, this is what you BDM owners have been waiting for!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Ordered mine on Monday 09/08/08. It was shipped on Wednesday 09/10/08. Received it USPS on Saturday 09/13/08. I like it. You can mark me one happy customer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Will these work with the original metal mags? (Ciener)
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I got mine over the weekend.  Last night, I loaded all 10 of my mags.  Works great.  I can't wait to unload them at the range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2008 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I might look to get one at some point. But in these times of uncertainty I think I will spend the money on 5 more mags then a loader.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top