Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 3:29:03 PM EDT
Not a Grip pod (I know vertical fore grips are illegal on pistols), but a regular bipod, are they legal on a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd  posit a bazillion Ruger Charger sales is testament to the legality.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd  posit a bazillion Ruger Charger sales is testament to the legality.

http://wirthweinguns.com/images/4901.jpg

- OS
View Quote

Cool, thank you. Just picked up a really inexpensive (but pretty decent) bipod for my 3rd build, and was wondering what the smaller version of it would be like on my pistol. I think I'll give it a go!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The thought never entered my mind, but my HK45 has a picatinny rail and I have picatinny bipod, so now I have to try it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The thought never entered my mind, but my HK45 has a picatinny rail and I have picatinny bipod, so now I have to try it!
View Quote

Sounds cool!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
But wait!!  A bipod can be used as a VFG...if I use it as a VFG am I creating an AOW? What if a rouge ATF agent catches me using it that way.    Just kidding...just felt like highlighting some of the silliness that flies around here from time to time.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But wait!!  A bipod can be used as a VFG...if I use it as a VFG am I creating an AOW? What if a rouge ATF agent catches me using it that way.    Just kidding...just felt like highlighting some of the silliness that flies around here from time to time.
View Quote

Trust me, I thought about that when posting this... that's why I mentioned no Grip Pod. But TBH, it's a realistic possibility it could be used that way (though I think intended use when manuf. is the criteria they use, or it seems to me anyway).

I have never even tried a VFG on a rifle or carbine (just seems un natural to me, or not as desirable as the standard horizontal fore grip). Guess I should try one (on a Carbine) before judging them.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top