Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 2:29:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2013 7:08:17 AM EST by TBoneDetroit]
Not a Grip pod (I know vertical fore grips are illegal on pistols), but a regular bipod, are they legal on a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:53:59 PM EST
I'd posit a bazillion Ruger Charger sales is testament to the legality.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:05:54 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OhShoot:
I'd posit a bazillion Ruger Charger sales is testament to the legality.

http://wirthweinguns.com/images/4901.jpg

- OS
View Quote

Cool, thank you. Just picked up a really inexpensive (but pretty decent) bipod for my 3rd build, and was wondering what the smaller version of it would be like on my pistol. I think I'll give it a go!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:23:44 PM EST
The thought never entered my mind, but my HK45 has a picatinny rail and I have picatinny bipod, so now I have to try it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Andr0id:
The thought never entered my mind, but my HK45 has a picatinny rail and I have picatinny bipod, so now I have to try it!
View Quote

Sounds cool!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:09:12 AM EST
But wait!! A bipod can be used as a VFG...if I use it as a VFG am I creating an AOW? What if a rouge ATF agent catches me using it that way. Just kidding...just felt like highlighting some of the silliness that flies around here from time to time.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:39:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2013 1:39:54 PM EST by TBoneDetroit]
Originally Posted By AlexBosco:
But wait!! A bipod can be used as a VFG...if I use it as a VFG am I creating an AOW? What if a rouge ATF agent catches me using it that way. Just kidding...just felt like highlighting some of the silliness that flies around here from time to time.
View Quote

Trust me, I thought about that when posting this... that's why I mentioned no Grip Pod. But TBH, it's a realistic possibility it could be used that way (though I think intended use when manuf. is the criteria they use, or it seems to me anyway).

I have never even tried a VFG on a rifle or carbine (just seems un natural to me, or not as desirable as the standard horizontal fore grip). Guess I should try one (on a Carbine) before judging them.
Top Top