Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:07:28 AM EST
I bought about 40$ worth last week....Got around to using the first bottle yesterday....

Nothing more than some clear lube in there....Hmm..Every can I bought was like that!

I called Hoppes, who said they would send me 3 free cans for my troubles, ok, awsome.

I went back to the sports store from which I bought the cans for return/exchange, and of all 20-something cans of moly they have, none contain moly.

So be careful if you use moly and see any Hoppes in stores... Its a great product...when they actually put it in the can!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:25:54 AM EST
What moly is listed on the can? Moly disulfide? That's the black stuff. There are other moly-containing additives like moly dithiocarbamate which impart no color or different color like red. Depends on what moly the product is formulated with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:52:38 AM EST
Checked their site, it's moly di, which should show some black. Bizarre...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:19:54 PM EST
I wonder if the cans were sitting so long that they needed to really be shaken up good? I imagine the moly could settle to the bottom of the can over a period of time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:53:52 PM EST

I imagine the moly could settle to the bottom of the can over a period of time.

+1 And I can't imagine that someone would intentionally spray black gook all over their gun??
Top Top