Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 2:13:37 PM EDT
I'm soon to aquire a standard RRA lower.  So far, I've found two gunsmiths who will do a trigger job that's within means ($90 - $140).   One is Compass Lake Engineering and the other is White Oak Precision.  I'm sure that both do outstanding work.  My question is for those who have had work done by these companies (either one, or both).  Which do you prefer and why?  I think that White Oak modifies a RRA two stage and it remains that way.  Is the Compass Lake trigger single stage?  Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Rock River, PERIOD. The CLE was a good trigger in its day, but that day has come and gone. Back when there were few options and options that were not obtainable (MKII) the CLE was about the only way to go. The CLE is a two stage but is nothing more than a modified GI trigger. It is subject to coming out of adjustment on a regular basis and is much more picky about being cleaned and lubed. The parts of the CLE just about need watch makers tools to adjust and can be very finicky. The RR is just about fool proof especially if set up by John Holliger. What John does is to take a RR trigger and just *lightly* stone the engagement surfaces in order to remove the high spots and get it where it needs to be. I have known at least a dozen with the CLE and every one of them has crapped out at one time or another. When it does it is either a hair trigger or one that needs about 10 lbs. to break. I would not buy the CLE even if it was half of what a RR costs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You dont want RRA or a trigger job or anything else.  What you want is an Accuracy Speaks trigger.  If you ignore me you can look back on this post and say "Why didnt I listen to 'ol Dev" if you do or buy anything else.  Its cheap and absoloutely badass and more rugged than ANY trigger on the market.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Plus if John Holinger is the right guy, he'll sell you the RRA trigger, tuned, for $10 more than the RRA's normal price.  However, it may be another man who does that, I can't remember, but it's mentioned in the threads.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had the Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger on my "duty" M4 Carbine for at least 6 or 7 years.  Totally reliable 4# trigger.  Only tuning required is where the tail of the trigger it meets the selector.  Otherwise a drop in.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
White Oak - John Holinger - RRA

Good quality
Excellent performance

you won't regret it
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my JP single stage triggers. Currently have 3 Colts with them. Have 2 more on the way back from JP Enterprises. All are the 3 1/2# triggers. You can send them your lower and they'll have it back to you in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
where can I get the accuracy speaks trigger???

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd just like to vote again for Accuracy Speaks triggers!  They have a webpage that should be easy to search out.  Of all the accessories, high/low speed gear and gimmicks I've bought my AS trigger is possibly the best upgrade toy of them all.  And if you're a rugged reliability freak like most of us you can trust it.  Its selling point is its simplicity (no set screws).  It may not feel as nice as one of the set screw match triggers, but on a defensive weapon I think its just perfection.  There are lots of threads you can search on the set-screw debate and aftermarket trigger allegiances.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What about the reduced power spring kits.  All I really want to do is lighten up my trigger pull a bit.  Are the reduced power spring kits good to go, or do you think they suck?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the JP spring kit in one of AR's and it was $12  well spent. Also got to cast my vote for RRA twostage unit it is nice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently purchased a JP Enterprises single stage trigger with the tactical 4# spring.  I sent my lower to JP on Wednesday and shot my rifle the following Wednesday.  Great trigger, crisp break, EXCEPTIONAL customer service.  The people that I spoke with were friendly, knowledgeable, and delivered a great product exactly as they advertised.  You will not be disappointed.  I will not hesitate to do business with them in the future.  Give 'em a shot!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Go with the John Holliger tuned RRAs trigger. My roomate just bought a SR15 and an SR25 with the super dupper knights $300 plus triggers in both. The White oak tuned trigger is better by far. best $115.00 I ever spent.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Before you go out and spend a big chunk of money on a custom trigger, I'd highly recommend that you perform the AR "15-minute trigger job" that has been described here several times before.. it is easy, only takes 20-30 minutes, and if you don't like it the worst that's happened is that you ruined a couple bucks worth of springs.

I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to use military ammo anymore (hard primers) because this both smooths and lightens the pull, but I have had no failures to fire or any malfunctions at all with any ammo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, here's a link to the procedure.

[url]http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top