Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 9:35:04 AM EDT
Who's got the best prices on complete rifles?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you just buy a lower and an upper seperate from [url=]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]

Lower = $216.67

Upper = $370 and up  

Good guy to deal with, cheap shipping!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
This would be my first AR, and I'm not sure if I want to build or buy.  Those are good prices.  Is there a tax or somthing if the upper and lower are purchased at the same time/ place?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go with the option that 82nd suggested you aren't really "building" the rifle in the way that you think. Literally all you have to do is put the upper on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you go with the option that 82nd suggested you aren't really "building" the rifle in the way that you think. Literally all you have to do is put the upper on the lower.
View Quote

If you consider an opposible thumb a tool, you could call it building. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I second that, but get them in two separate shipments, as if you order both at the same time it could be concidered ordering a complete rifle and they may charge you 11%tax. So today you order the lower and goes to your FFL, and tomorrow you order the upper that goes to your door step.

Good shooting.

BR
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Black rifle is absolutely correct abouit the 11% tax.  I see this is your first AR so if you are not familiar with them here goes.  The uppers for AR's are interchangable with the lowers so as you can have one lower and several uppers, 20", 16", varmit, and so on.  All that need be done to switch them out is push the two thumb pins out and put the upper in place and push them back in.  No building required.  I am new to the game too (only 2 ar's) and wish I would have done this with my first AR, but live and learn.  Basically if you can tie or velco your shoes you can switch the out in 15 seconds. [:)]  Hope that helped and enjoy your new investment!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top