Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:28:53 PM EDT
A few weeks ago, I picked up a bunch of stripped lowers by Superior Arms from Robert of www.rbprecision.com.  After building them all up with RBP's own parts kits, I've got to say that Superior Arms lowers are now my favorites.  They go together easily, and look great.  I am extremely pleased.  I've built a lot of lowers over the years, here are my personal rankings:

1: Superior Arms
2. Stag Arms
3. Rock River (Tie)
3. Bushmaster (Tie)
5. Olympic

Thanks, Robert and RBPrecision for bringing us an awesome product!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a lower from them as well. I must say the customer service is very good. I did not yet receive my lower but I will evaluate it when I do, and possibly buy another in the future depending on how it works out.

One thing I could not figure out is why the lowers have FA markings but are obviously not FA nor were they intended to be, from the ones I have seen on this board. What was the impetus for doing this? Are they intended for LE agencies to buy and then do the conversion?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Raven, I think it is just for the fun of it.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
We got started doing it because people were asking for it.  Sometimes you gotta sell the customer what they ask for....

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Leo, if you are going to give us what we ask for...then I ask for...

wait for it...
MID-LENGTH UPPERS!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Leo, if you are going to give us what we ask for...then I ask for...

wait for it...

amen
MID-LENGTH UPPERS!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I love mine too. Everything about it is excellent, except one minor problem. It won't accept mags from a USAF .22 kit. It takes every kind of GI mag I can put in it, but not the kit mags. The mags do fit in my RRA lower. Other than that, I am very happy with my lower and would order another.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#7]
superior arms you say?  

great stuff.  great people.

rb precision you say?

great stuff.  great people.

need i say more?

they have my business.

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A few weeks ago, I picked up a bunch of stripped lowers by Superior Arms from Robert of www.rbprecision.com.  After building them all up with RBP's own parts kits, I've got to say that Superior Arms lowers are now my favorites.  They go together easily, and look great.  I am extremely pleased.  I've built a lot of lowers over the years, here are my personal rankings:

1: Superior Arms
2. Stag Arms
3. Rock River (Tie)
3. Bushmaster (Tie)
5. Olympic

Thanks, Robert and RBPrecision for bringing us an awesome product!

You should try a Mega Machines....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We got started doing it because people were asking for it.  Sometimes you gotta sell the customer what they ask for....

Leo Williams
Superior Arms

While we're asking...

A1 upper receivers?  Even some without the forward assist.  While you're at it maybe some flattops with no forward assist.

BTW the trigger adjustment hole in the lowers is awesome.  Easier and more reliable than trying to use the existing hole for that purpose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Leo Williams
Superior Arms

Hehe. I hear that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've at always used the Eagle Arms but havent seen any lately.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#12]
You can get three stripped Stags from Eagle for $240 - that's $80 each.  Other than the Superior seconds RB sold awhile back, I haven't seen as good a price as Eagle yet.  Superior does have the added take up feature, but that's not for everyone.

Rob and Krista are top notch people.  In my upper building hay day, they were one of my primary source for parts and were awesome with every transaction.  

Hell, at one point, I had more of the special run, light profile, chrome lined RRA M4 barrels than Rob had, and I bought all of them from him.

I'd buy from them if they had something I needed for a good price.  Lately I don't buy much from vendors.  I get my kicks off the EE.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You can get three stripped Stags from Eagle for $240 - that's $80 each.  Other than the Superior seconds RB sold awhile back, I haven't seen as good a price as Eagle yet.  Superior does have the added take up feature, but that's not for everyone.

Rob and Krista are top notch people.  In my upper building hay day, they were one of my primary source for parts and were awesome with every transaction.  

Hell, at one point, I had more of the special run, light profile, chrome lined RRA M4 barrels than Rob had, and I bought all of them from him.

I'd buy from them if they had something I needed for a good price.  Lately I don't buy much from vendors.  I get my kicks off the EE.

+1 , I have bought bolth Superior( from RB ), and Stag ( From Eagle ), and I like them bolth, but I can get the Stags for Less.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I purchased a SA upper with pictograms from RBprecisoin and shipping was quite fast, and the upper is decent.  Has a few blemishes on it, but nothing to cry over.  It went together well with my RRA upper and a 6 position stock.  The only thing I have a question about is how to adjust the take up.  The lower didn't come with a screw for it, but the threaded hole is there.  What size would I need?  I can't just take the gun into home depot with me... heh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone tried Superior Arms "custom logo" service?  That is just good humor in my book.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought a Superior lower and LPK from RB a couple of weeks ago and really like it.  Robert is a good guy to deal with.  Excellent customer service and I will definitely be buying more stuff from him.

John
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Has anyone tried Superior Arms "custom logo" service?  That is just good humor in my book.  

whats that?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#18]
They'll engrave whatever logo you want on the lower.  Pretty cool!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top