Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:44:45 PM EDT
I know there is no right answer to this question, but I am looking to make a representative, 'upgraded' M-4 that approximates what one might commonly encounter in Iraq. I will get an Aimpoint or ACOG in the future. What is a good folding BUIS for an LMT,  M-4 flat top that is in common use (and good)? I hear ARMS 40 and ARMS 40L.  What is your opinion?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The Knight's 300m is issue with the SOPMOD kit. I don't believe most infantry units in Iraq get a folding back-up sight, they have to make do with a detachable carry handle for irons or private purchase. The ARMS #40 is a popular private purchase folding sight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
the Knights 300M BUIS is standard issue but there is a new one in the supply system now but is not as good. It goes out to 600M however. And you are right about not everyone getting BUIS's in Iraq... We got em for our next go around over there though...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of assorted BUIS's floating about.  I've sent GG&G and ARMS 40 variants over to friends.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top