Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 10:47:59 AM EDT
I'm looking for a simple vertical grip / bipod for my carbine rifle. I've seen the FAB/ MAKO grip pod and the one with the military contract (can't recall the name). Bothe seem to sell for about the same price. Does anyone have experience with either?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the Grip Pod GPS-02. That is the military-issue one with reinforced steel legs. They can be found on the EE for $50 or less new.

I don't have experience with Mako products, but they seem a bit gimmicky to me. I'm not sure if they are airsoft quality or not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Grip Pod GPS-02
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
GPS-02... done. Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, I found a review of the Mako/FAB grip which said it was great as a grip and great as a bi-pod, but it was very difficult to deploy and retract.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
GPS02 is also the one I chose, I have three of them. Be careful though becuz there are a lot fakes going around. If you paid less than $30 it is probably a fake. There is a member  called NCAR or something like that that sells the real deal in the EE section. It is a rock solid mount and very well made. Many of our troops are using them over in the sandbox as I type this. Not sure they are really needed on a Carbine, but I have one mounted on one and like it. I really like the on my Colt 6700, that is the only rifle that I actually have used the Bipod itself on. I would be careful about the ones on Ebay. Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I would go with the Grip Pod GPS-02. That is the military-issue one with reinforced steel legs. They can be found on the EE for $50 or less new.

I don't have experience with Mako products, but they seem a bit gimmicky to me. I'm not sure if they are airsoft quality or not.

THIS!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Been using the FAB Grip almost a year now.
If you ask me its nothing "airsoft" about it, seems and feels real solid.
And i doubt ill be able to break it without really wanting to.
Recommended the same grip to a mate that deployed after me and 4 months out he is still using it and no complaints.

http://www.ifoundwaldo.net/files/1/resize/rsz_hk416g.jpg
HighRes

http://www.ifoundwaldo.net/files/1/resize/rsz_hk416d.jpg
HighRes
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not a Grip POD....but the best forward grip on the planet is the LaRue Tactical F.U.G.
SASS
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's not a Grip POD....but the best forward grip on the planet is the LaRue Tactical F.U.G.
SASS

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top