Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 7:34:59 PM EDT
Being new to this site I hope this doesn't cross any conduct lines. but here goes...

How many people out there own 50 beowulf's ?

The only reason I ask, is out of curiosity I emailed corbon just to see if they ever had any plans of manufacturing ammo for it and the guy pretty much slammed the door in my face saying that until the round garnered a following " they weren't interested".
Not a simple no, not at this time or anything like that , just slam...we're not interested.

What constitutes a following?
I understand you have to make good decisions in marketing and sales and all but from what I've seen around here there seems to be quite a few people who own them. Granted I do realize the 458 seems to be a more popular and they do make ammo for it.

Or did I just take this the wrong way hisJust a curious question, I am in no way bashing corbon, I have bought plenty of their ammo before for my 45 and 454 Casulland it is excellent.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one, almost a year now, I love it. You should contact Hornady, Cor Bon would probably charge to much anyway
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Its kinda like a double negative.  If you buy factory and don't reload, they cost about 1.00-1.25 a piece.  Thats getting close to .50BMG range with less than a third of a punch.  I had one and it just cost to much to shoot. So until ammo prices come down, there not going to see a following. If they priced the ammo a little lower, they might generate a following.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Does Alexander Arms allow other  people to manufacture their Beowulf ammo?  

Are there copyright/trademark issues preventing other commercial loadings?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does Alexander Arms allow other  people to manufacture their Beowulf ammo?  

Are there copyright/trademark issues preventing other commercial loadings?

CHRIS

good question.
I kind of wondered that myself.

I do have the dies to reload already and will most definitely be doing it once I get some brass and bullets to experiment with. I think the cheapest I found was the 325 jhp's and I got them for a little under 20.00 a box.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The folks are Corbon sometimes cut off their noses to spite their faces.......

They recently engineered a group buy of ammo for the 458 SOCOM with two specialty loads.  In the 12th hour they say the 400gr and 600gr loads are going to cost "more" than what they originally told us.  They failed to check prices of the projectiles and now want to pass their failure on to the buyers.

When I was arranging the 458 SOCOM brass group buy, with proper headstamp and already formed I contacted Corbon several times about procuring brass -- since they claimed their source was unable to provide them any.....

They never got back with me on the first one.  The second time around they called me after the order was already placed and asked if they could snuggle on the buy for 20K pieces.  It was too late....they eventually got some brass from Starline, but they don't seem to have a firm handle on how to maximize their efforts.

FWIW......

Just sounds like bad business to me.
I'm in the same type of position and have customers to deal.
If we make a goof on prices we usually have to eat it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have called them a couple times, they weren't very friendly. They can keep their high priceed maximum loads.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Being new to this site I hope this doesn't cross any conduct lines. but here goes...

How many people out there own 50 beowulf's ?

The only reason I ask, is out of curiosity I emailed corbon just to see if they ever had any plans of manufacturing ammo for it and the guy pretty much slammed the door in my face saying that until the round garnered a following " they weren't interested".
Not a simple no, not at this time or anything like that , just slam...we're not interested.

What constitutes a following?
I understand you have to make good decisions in marketing and sales and all but from what I've seen around here there seems to be quite a few people who own them. Granted I do realize the 458 seems to be a more popular and they do make ammo for it.

Or did I just take this the wrong way

As I said, my apoligies if this crosses any lines. It is not my intention to do so or step on any toes.
Just a curious question, I am in no way bashing corbon, I have bought plenty of their ammo before for my 45 and 454 Casulland it is excellent.

Corbon will not be offering up .50 Beowulf loads anytime soon...Since Alexander Arms has it all locked up.  So inorder for any company to load for the Beowulf they would have to do a deal with AA...I have heard Rumors about maybe Remington, but thats a big RUMOR! If they did it would be for their 385gr Cor Lokt they have out.

Bigant
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for that bit of info bigant.
I wonder how long AA will have the ammo tied up ?
I think it would be interesting to see what some of the ammo companies could come up with.
Remington, winchester, ..speer maybe????
If anything a few mfg's makingit might help bring the $ down a little.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top