Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2014 8:57:13 AM EDT
Sorry if this has been answered before, but would I benefit from this mount if I am using same ACOG with two different rifles or is this mount mostly beneficial when simply mounting and unmounting on same rifle?

I'm assuming zero will be similar if mounted on same exact T locations but may require some adjustment.

Just wondering if I should spend the money or just spend a few minutes zeroing every time I switch rifles.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll probably end up on the paper swapping rifle to rifle, but since no two barrels/guns shoot the same you won't be perfect. It'll take rezeroing each time. The return to zero that the Larue mounts offer is keeping it on the same rifle where the poi and mounting locations won't change.

With that said, I have the LT Acog mount on a TA31F and I love it. It's light weight, low profile, and if I needed to remove the optic it's quick and easy.

Since you'll be rezeroing for each rifle each way when swapping, you'll have to decide if the cost is worth it to you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
OTOH, I have two rifles from different manufacturers that have the same zero with my LT104 QDMount.  

Quite stunned to find that out.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses so far. Just the easy on/off may be worth it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two of the Bobro/Trijicon mounts that have served me well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my ADM on my ta31f, it's really light weight and stays put.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It's worth it.  It returns to zero allowing you to pick the correct optic for the mission. I.e. Slap on an nv optic for a night hunt.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top