Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/10/2015 6:30:30 PM EDT
Stopped by the surplus shop in Bedford at IN 450 and IN 37

This shop has the MOTHERLOAD.

He has a TON of A1 parts, most are priced under the going rates seen on these forums.

He has a ton of A1 uppers, some are stripped some not, they are priced on condition. Most are C H marked, but I saw a C K marked one too

A1 triangle hand guards $19 a pair.

Plenty of USGI bolts and carriers, saw a couple silver ones.

Complete A1 trap door butt stocks, I forget the exact price, but they are cheaper then I have seen online.

He has HORDES and I mean FREAKING HORDES of small parts. Teardrop FAs, no tick safetys, A1 delta rings, fire control group A1 full auto parts, the selector lockout piece, on and on and on. He said they had about everything.

He even had a USGI 3 prong flash hider, he wanted $50 for it.

He has USGI shoot off muzzle covers $5

He literally has so much it's friggin overwhelming.

This guy WILL ship. None of this is listed on the website however. Give him a call.
http://www.indianaarmysurplus.com/

They have a good selection of A2 parts too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What was the ballpark on the uppers?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't want to quote a price, but they were generally under what I see them for on here and elsewhere online.

They are all in the grey and looked straight and true. They looked pretty darn good. They seemed willing to wheel and deal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm so far out of state the description of the shop doesn't help. Could you IM a phone number to me?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm so far out of state the description of the shop doesn't help. Could you IM a phone number to me?
View Quote

I for one WELCOME our new Google Overlord

From their webpage.

812-275-2801
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sent them an e-mail with a detailed description of what I would be looking for. I hope they can get back with me soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't want to quote a price, but they were generally under what I see them for on here and elsewhere online.

They are all in the grey and looked straight and true. They looked pretty darn good. They seemed willing to wheel and deal.
View Quote

It's on that webpage, that link I gave is their webpage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
What is it with Indiana, and Illinois ?  Quiet ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dunno Hal.

But they is some of my favorite Yankees.

Kinda like southerners bu they talk funny!

I MEANT to say the rural yankees. NOT the urban yankees!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dunno Hal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno Hal.

10-4.... That or it has something to do with that Crane NWC....  Maybe Dave D. knows.

ETA:    Anyway whoever gets the chance.....buy them out before they catch on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
daggonit...........wish I knew this early this morning.  I would have taken a trip up there instead of going to Knob Creek.  Bedford is maybe 45 minutes away from me. Have to work Sat and Sun, but maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll ride up there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I am pretty sure it is because of Crane NWS.

Both shops are literally on the roads to Crane.

There are more Surplus shops in the area, might try and hunt em out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Prices seem on par with Knob Creek down the street. I just drove past there yesterday.

Stoner, I'm at knob Creek right now myself. I'm in my hotel right now by Churchhill Downs.
View Quote

Yeah, I remember you making a post the other day about where you'd be.  I planned on a good day at KC today, but then I ended up having to dig 2 trenches about 100 foot long each yesterday.......in the pouring down rain, lol.  I woke up this morning and could hardly stand up or walk. It took a couple hours before I felt good enough to go, so I drove down and stayed about 2 hours.  You might have seen me. I was the guy that was all bent over.
   What did you think of the shoot?  Have you been before?  I thought it was smaller than usual, due to the NRA convention perhaps? Parking was more limited due to the rain, but I expected that. KC is synonymous
with "monsoon".  I was able to pick up a couple parts I've been wanting.  An ambidextrous selector by KAC, a couple really nice retro carbine buffers with wine urethane tips.......what else........oh, a multicam medi-pouch for my plate carrier and a pack for hiking. Beautiful weather too.
  .........and if I didn't have to get up in the morning to go to work I'd look you up to buy you a beer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#14]
we try not to let everybody know about our hidden gems.
Im from Bedford IN its a good spot. Not so much for ammo $$ but I stop by evey chance I get.
Trail dust in Bloomington has a lot of ammo and odd ammo too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Ohh yeah, Traildust has calibers google won't even find LOL
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#16]
must resist calling.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm, not that far from me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I emailed them with wish list. Hope this pans out. Sounds too good to be true. But thanks for heads up on this store.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I emailed them with wish list. Hope this pans out. Sounds too good to be true. But thanks for heads up on this store.
View Quote

Please let us know what you find out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I stopped in this afternoon. Due to the demand from this post they have pulled back and are doing an inventory based on condition. He said it might take about a week. He mention someone was in this morning and bought a lot, so I imagine the best stuff has been cherry picked.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is the response I got from my e-mail.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in the M-16A1 items.

We’re currently taking stock of our inventory and sorting through parts to better offer them by grade, manufacturer, year of production, etc. We’re also experiencing a high volume of inquiries and we’re dealing with them in the order we receive them.

Please have a bit of patience with us. We’re hopeful to find the parts you’re looking for and get them to you in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Slim

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here is the response I got from my e-mail.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in the M-16A1 items.

We’re currently taking stock of our inventory and sorting through parts to better offer them by grade, manufacturer, year of production, etc. We’re also experiencing a high volume of inquiries and we’re dealing with them in the order we receive them.

Please have a bit of patience with us. We’re hopeful to find the parts you’re looking for and get them to you in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Slim

View Quote

Same email I received this morning. Now that word is out and people are going into store no telling what will be left. Still never know I guess so I'll remain positive. But I won't be holding my breath either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Such fun. lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#24]
So I called the store, gentleman who answered was very informative. Said that due to the high demand of inquiries (calls/emails) they were going through and inventorying everything like others have mentioned. Though he did ask me to say that if you want to order send him am email (address is on the webpage and others have posted above) because he is making a spreadsheet of everyone with their inquiries and is trying to get back to everyone as quickly as he can. So if you want something, go ahead and email him and get your Mame on the list. I just did

And I blame BoyWonder for doing this to me!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So I called the store, gentleman who answered was very informative. Said that due to the high demand of inquiries (calls/emails) they were going through and inventorying everything like others have mentioned. Though he did ask me to say that if you want to order send him am email (address is on the webpage and others have posted above) because he is making a spreadsheet of everyone with their inquiries and is trying to get back to everyone as quickly as he can. So if you want something, go ahead and email him and get your Mame on the list. I just did

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha its all in good fun, I'm enjoying every minute of it. Though my fiancé keeps asking me why I have a box of crap in the guest bedroom closet that keeps having more random packages from people. Thankfully she never checks the mail, so she doesn't see how many I actually get
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hahaha its all in good fun, I'm enjoying every minute of it. Though my fiancé keeps asking me why I have a box of crap in the guest bedroom closet that keeps having more random packages from people. Thankfully she never checks the mail, so she doesn't see how many I actually get
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh this ole thing?  i've had it forever, don't you remember?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Been using that line for yeeeeeears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh this ole thing?  i've had it forever, don't you remember?  

Been using that line for yeeeeeears.

Teach me ole wise one
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I should go back to the shop and see if they figure out it's me that posted :p
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I should go back to the shop and see if they figure out it's me that posted :p
View Quote

He asked if I knew, said he didn't even know what website originally when people started calling and asking for stuff. But did request I post that they were working on finding everyone's stuff. Sound like real good people, wish I could find somewhere like that close to me. Granted FT Bragg is an hour away, but still dont feel like driving down there often unless its to see an old Army buddy
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got an email from Indiana Surplus, they are still inventorying but starting to fill peoples orders as they can. I should know within next few days what I can expect from my goodie list
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I got an e-mail back from Slim today with descriptions and pricing on the items I was asking about. I gave him the list of items I want to order. Now to hear back from him on how he wants payment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Do they have anything good, older parts? Slick side uppers, dimpled lower parts, 601 buffertube, older stocks? Type C's etc? Colt Carbine pencil barrels?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do they have anything good, older parts? Slick side uppers, dimpled lower parts, 601 buffertube, older stocks? Type C's etc? Colt Carbine pencil barrels?
View Quote

They may, but he just gave me a list of what I was asking about. Most of it being M16A1 stuff. They do have some D stocks as well as some E stocks. They have Colt C H and C K upper receivers and Colt BCGs. The also have a bunch of the lower receiver parts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They may, but he just gave me a list of what I was asking about. Most of it being M16A1 stuff. They do have some D stocks as well as some E stocks. They have Colt C H and C K upper receivers and Colt BCGs. The also have a bunch of the lower receiver parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prices on the uppers? Wouldn't mind buying a bunch of Colt M16A1 Safeties.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uppers were $99 , complete or stripped. No tick safeties were $9.50, Colt bcgs $135, an  the old style takedown pins were $4.99 apiece.

Wait in  to hear back as well
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:18:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Uppers were $99 , complete or stripped. No tick safeties were $9.50, Colt bcgs $135, an  the old style takedown pins were $4.99 apiece.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

at those prices, one would be crazy not to buy a few grand worth of parts to flip and get a few free uppers. If I was local or had a parts/price sheet,, you bet your ass I'm putting a huge dent in their inventory.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm calling them in about 5-6 hours and are gonna give them a no b.s. sell me 10 uppers and $500 in smalls right now, here's the funds. See how they respond..
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is what I have that Slim sent me.

triangular handguards – $19/set - Surplus condition though some may show signs of use.
Colt A1 uppers – C H and/or C K marked. $99/each
USGI bolts and carriers – Complete BCG $135
Buttstocks – A1 No Trap Door $25, Trapdoor $15
teardrop forward assists - $25
A1 Delta rings - $25/set (ring/springs)
early magazine release buttons - $1
early bolt catch releases - $4 ($6 assy)
early takedown pins - $4
early pivot pins – $4
no-tick selectors - $9.50

I sent him another e-mail asking about A1 port door assemblies.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I just spoke with them this morning. Seems like a really nice guy. He's taking orders and fulfilling them in the order received. I'm number 21 on the list.

I might not score an upper but the rest of the parts I need should make it (buttstock, flat delta ring).

Thanks to the original poster. I just wish I had seen it earlier.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just spoke with them this morning. Seems like a really nice guy. He's taking orders and fulfilling them in the order received. I'm number 21 on the list.

I might not score an upper but the rest of the parts I need should make it (buttstock, flat delta ring).

View Quote

I'm number 23. Just talked to Slim. He is sending me pictures of gastubes as he may have early bends. He found a bunch more uppers and some in the white for $79.00, I ordered 4 of those, 4 XM16E1 uppers, a bunch of mag buttons, and selectors. He has over 600 Teardrop FA's but only has about 100 springs. I also ordered 10 Type D stocks.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm number freaking 33. So much for me getting anything.

Anyone who has a low number, I just want smalls, I will pay you double for safeties, triple for mag buttons and pins just to add what I want to your list. LOL. I am a Rat Bastard....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who has a low number, I just want smalls, I will pay you double for safeties, triple for mag buttons and pins just to add what I want to your list. LOL. I am a Rat Bastard....

Well at least your honest ;)

Sent you a message
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sent you a message
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you a message

They got about 8-10 orders shipped today and found a shitload more parts including the stuff in my earlier post. Slim called me back and I was able to get everything I wanted but he said 2 weeks until he can dig my XM16E1 uppers out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I guess I should've called, I sent an email but they are probably closed till Monday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Slim sent me another e-mail a little while ago saying that they are going to work on Monday (normally closed) to fill all the orders that have come in. He has e-mailed me earlier to get clarification on the early M16 parts (602 and 603) I was looking for. I sent him several pictures so he could see what the parts looked like. He is suppose to let me know which parts he was able to secure for me. My guess is that it will be mostly 603 parts. I am really hoping he has some of the 602 dimpled pivot and takedown pins, dimpled magazine release, and the bolt release. I mainly need 603 parts, but I do need the 602 parts I mentioned to put on the 602 clone I have built right now to make it look more correct.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Slim sent me another e-mail a little while ago saying that they are going to work on Monday (normally closed) to fill all the orders that have come in. He has e-mailed me earlier to get clarification on the early M16 parts (602 and 603) I was looking for. I sent him several pictures so he could see what the parts looked like. He is suppose to let me know which parts he was able to secure for me. My guess is that it will be mostly 603 parts. I am really hoping he has some of the 602 dimpled pivot and takedown pins, dimpled magazine release, and the bolt release. I mainly need 603 parts, but I do need the 602 parts I mentioned to put on the 602 clone I have built right now to make it look more correct.
View Quote

He had 1 601 buffertube, no dimpled mag catches, few sets of dimpled pins but not for a 601/602 they were more likely XM16E1 pins. He is sending me pictures of a boatload of gastubes so I can point out the early bends.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Edit

stupid not being able to order awesomeness

Sorry didn't realize this was a sane forum
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He had 1 601 buffertube, no dimpled mag catches, few sets of dimpled pins but not for a 601/602 they were more likely XM16E1 pins. He is sending me pictures of a boatload of gastubes so I can point out the early bends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hippy ole buddy ole pal!

If'n ya get several E1 uppers with the rebate under the port door remember your ole Garbage Man buddy!

My FIRST upper was an early E1 upper and I sold it to fund property.

Of course I'll only try to sweet talk you out of the ugliest one!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully I can get a few parts for my xm177 and E1 build before y'all neck beard em all
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top