Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 7:20:49 PM EDT
Over the years many people known as they have redered the bayonet as obsolete.They have been proven wrong, time and again. Better to have it and not need it and besides it isn't a true "evil" weapon without one.Bayonets are cool!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
without it, you don't have it, might as well have it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Every infantry officer or NCO with the CIB claims he led the [i]last bayonet charge[/i] in history.   As long as they keep issuing the bayonet there will be lots more last charges.

With no more horses, however, it's getting harder to claim leading the last cavalry charge. [;)]

Infantry units fix bayonets regularily in combat.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
This is true. In 1903 the experts stated that the bayonet was obsolete. The model 1903 was originally equipped with a rod style bayonet. Teddy Roosevelt force the change back.WW1 was a prime example.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I can see a bayonet on a 20" rifle but not on an M4.  I would rather use the knife in my hand if I had to be that close.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]CHARGE![/b]

I have bayonets for all my Bolt Action Rifles. Talk about evil looking. lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I think something is wrong with mine. The loop goes over the flashider and rattles on the barrel. It just seems like it should be longer; or the front site post should be moved up an l inch.  

Is this common?

I bought it from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think something is wrong with mine. The loop goes over the flashider and rattles on the barrel. It just seems like it should be longer; or the front site post should be moved up an l inch.  

Is this common?

View Quote

Thats because the barrel is a 16"

Bayo's only work properly on 20" or 14.5" barrels
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I just moved my Front sight base forward 1.5 inches on my 16inch preban bushmaster so that a bayonet would fit.  And I ordered a midlenght handguard
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a good reason to get a 20 next. [thinking]

Mrs. toolman just loves to hear my reasoning.
Wish me luck!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
inkaybee:
I just moved my Front sight base forward 1.5 inches on my 16inch preban bushmaster so that a bayonet would fit.  
View Quote

Are you serious[?]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 M6 bayonets for my M1A. I kept stepping up to better condition. For all the wiz-bangery available, a bayonet seems to complete the "WOW" factor.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
inkaybee:
I just moved my Front sight base forward 1.5 inches on my 16inch preban bushmaster so that a bayonet would fit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious [/b]

I also did it so I could install a midlenght FF tube.  I don't have any delusions of bayonet charges or anything like that but WTF its a preban, it can have a bayonet, and by God it does.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is this common?

View Quote

Maybe this long f/h from DPMS would work for you. [url]https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/pantherarms/shopexd.asp?id=610[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top