Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2008 2:59:04 PM EDT
Traded a guy at work a free lunch for this, it looked old so I thought I would post up and see what anyone might have to share on it.

Hard to see but it has "US M8A1" with "T W B" below it on the sheath.

Bad picture but it says "Imperial"

Not a bad trade for some Panda Express.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It would seem a stormtrooper somewhere is looking for his bayonet.

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it an M7 bayonet?  We were still using them in the USMC as of 1997.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a nice M7 bayonet with correct issue sheath.  Not a bad trade at all.

Now you need to build up an M16A1 clone to hang it on.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Actually, that Stormtrooper stopped by this afternoon to pick up a new bayonet.  

He was quite ill tempered and spent most of the visit complaining that the Orange chicken he had for lunch wasn't sitting well.  I told him "two doors, down the hall on the left" and while he was in the can, I nabbed the scope off of his blaster!    
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I am in Iraq right now with the 101st Airborne. You might find it interesting that I personally carry an M7. My company doesn't issue bayonets, so being that I am the only one who carries one, the guys poke fun at me. But I carried this same one when I was over here in 03', and until they issue me something that won't take one I will carry it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like a nice M7 bayonet with correct issue sheath.  Not a bad trade at all.

Now you need to build up an M16A1 clone to hang it on.

Hmm...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
I am in Iraq right now with the 101st Airborne. You might find it interesting that I personally carry an M7. My company doesn't issue bayonets, so being that I am the only one who carries one, the guys poke fun at me. But I carried this same one when I was over here in 03', and until they issue me something that won't take one I will carry it.

I was issued an M-9 bayonet for Iraq, but I left it in the foot locker.  Not much use for it on an M-14 (second tour) or an M-203 (first tour).
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cool.  Hell, if i were there, I'd try to have every weapon I could find on me at all times.  You never know.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Hell, if i were there, I'd try to have every weapon I could find on me at all times.  You never know.

Yeah but when you only have 1 one round for the Mk VI .455 Webley and its a dud...you don't carry EVERY weapon you find !!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
My Reserve unit didn't issue them while we were overseas.  We're aviation so I figured we didn't even have them.  I asked our armorer about it one day and he looked at me funny. Then he said "D@#nit, I knew I forgot something."  They were all sitting in the vault at the unit packed away neatly in three footlockers.  And they were all brand new M9's.   Oh Well!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, that Stormtrooper stopped by this afternoon to pick up a new bayonet.  
img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/15000280998.jpgimg2.putfile.com/thumb/5/15000280950.jpg

He was quite ill tempered and spent most of the visit complaining that the Orange chicken he had for lunch wasn't sitting well.  I told him "two doors, down the hall on the left" and while he was in the can, I nabbed the scope off of his blaster!    
img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/15000280859.jpg

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Awesome.  Even when we got the M9s I still carried an M7.  It's a classic, my father carried one in Vietnam and my grandfather carried an M3 fighting knife which has the same blade.  I like the look and feel and the history.....  Even if I had nothing I could mount it to I think I would still carry it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot, I never asked about the number on it. Is that somthing they put on in basic to mark ownership of the issued item or for some sort of training purpose?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top