Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:12:09 PM EDT
What do you guy's think about there Quality.

I am looking at the Swat, Tac.  3.5-10x40.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 6-24x50 Mil-dot a few months ago and have been totally impressed with the quality.  For the price I doubt there is a better scope on the market.   Fit and finish are excellent, the adjustments are precise and fluid.  The glass looks good and is very clear.  

For optics, you mostly get what you pay for, but Bariska is way above the curve.  In the realm of cheap scopes, I think these are much nicer than, say comparable cheap tasco's or simmons's.  They may not be up to the quality of the $1000 scopes, but then, you aren't spending $1000 either...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, anybody else ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather have a comparable 'cheap' bushnell or simmons.  If you break one...  Well I guess if you break one, you just buy a new one.  Another 'disposable' brand...  Not bad for recreational shooting.  

I admit, I'm a bit of a optics snob...  :p
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If you buy one, make sure you buy it from some place that it's easy to return it to.  I bought an 8-32x Swat model from walmart.com.  It worked ok on my AR-15 for the 40 shots I fired.  A week later, I bought a .308 Savage FP10, and I couldn't get the Barska to hold zero.  I put a Leupold rifleman 2-7x on the 308 to make sure it wasn't the gun, and I started getting consistent, small groups.  I'm now going to return the Barska to Walmart and buy something better for the Savage rifle.

Since the scope worked on my ar-15, I wasted about $130 on different brands of ammo trying to figure out why my new rifle would rarely shoot less than 4 inch groups.

It's a shame it didn't work out for me.  If you happen to get a scope that works, then it really is a good deal.  I'll have to spend 5 times as much on a name brand scope to get all the features the Barska has, but a scope that will not hold zero isn't worth anything.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top