Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:01:50 AM EDT
I'd like to hear anyone's shooting experience with this rifle and/or round (if it's shot out of anything else?).

If you follow this google search link (you may have to cut/paste into browser):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=barrett+6.8

At the very bottom of the first search page you'll find a PowerPoint prez from DTIC. It has a very interesting short slide show on comparing it to 5.56 & 7.62 (both 51 & 39).

I'm still looking for my first AR-type rifle and thought this one looked nice and was kind of a go-between from the limited 5.56 and 7.62 size rounds.

The gun itself is pretty expensive, around $2400 with just a regular stock.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Try this link, you will find alot of info on the 6.8

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242233
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
There are lots of other options for a 6.8 SPC AR-15 other than Barrett.

www.68spc.com would be a place to start learning as well...

Randall
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  However, I like the looks of the Barett M468 and will probably get their upper assembly.  For those that don't wan't to fork out $1,600 for an upper, in Guns & Ammo's recent special issue "Book of the AR-15", MidwayUSA is advertising a DPMS complete upper assembly AP4 6.8mm Remington SPC 1 in 10" twist 16" Matte Pre-Ban, Product #375-670 for $588.99.  Looks like a standard A3 upper.  I'm sure you can get more info from DPMS or MidwayUSA websites.

Wolverine93
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't find any place that sells 6.8 SPC rifle kits.  I see uppers and lowers and bbls, but no kits. Anyone have a contact or known retailer that sells them?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
No need for a kit.
Just buy an upper and a complete lower.
It's two push-pins to mate the two of them.
Then you will want magazines and ammo.
Ammo is tough right now.

Insert ammo into mag,
Insert mag into rifle,
Withdraw and release charging handle,
press trigger,
repeat last step as necessary until you don't get a 'sproing'
repeat last 5 steps as necessary until you run out of ammo.

Randall
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top