Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:08:53 PM EDT
Already have BRD and have shot lots of manufactues barrels but my delima is that I am torn between a WOA 18" SPR for about $265 or A Noveske 18" SPR for $450.

I know the Noveske cool aid is tasty and runs deep but I also know WOA has a great rep as well. Is it really worth $185 more for the Noveske? I am an average joe with at beer wallet and a family...........

I can feel the heat of the flame already, but really what are your true thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Noveske
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Pick the one you can't out shoot...

Then take the wife out to dinner at a nice place...with the savings...

:)
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Noveske

Come to think about it doesn't the Noveske come with a matched bolt and a pinned gas block for that price? WOA don't come with all that does it?

Mike
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Noveske

Come to think about it doesn't the Noveske come with a matched bolt and a pinned gas block for that price? WOA don't come with all that does it?

Mike

You could buy a gas tube, roll pin, and Bravo Co. bolt carrier group for the difference between the Noveske and the WOA.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Noveske barrel with gas block is $450.
The barrel group comes with gas block, tube, pin, and bolt is $515.
They went up about $20 in the last few weeks. Rightfully so with the demand lately.

I am inclined to go Noveske but man that price thing is tough.......

Anyone else want to put there opinion out there
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16" Noveske ss barrel and can't really see the difference. You might wanna try a Sabre ss barrel. they have ones that are fluted and with a flip up sight for about the same money. I'm all about custom hand lapped tubes, but I'm not sure that its worth it on an AR. But then again, I'm still not sure how some people get Ar's that will shoot .5 moa. Mine will rarely get under an honest 1 moa with any match or hand loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top