Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/15/2003 9:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2003 10:01:49 PM EDT by Gun_Addict]
Assuming annother AWB is not instated after this one sun sets, If I were to have one of those fake flash suppresors installed on my post ban carbine would I still be able to get the barrel threaded or would the fact that the fake suppresor had to be pinned on perminatly screw up the barrel for threading?

I Know this is a dumb question but bare with me.

P.S. I wouldn't mind some recomedations on fake flash suppresors.

Edited to add:

How much louder will a cav comp make my rifle seem?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:05:56 PM EDT
I would think as long as it is pinned you could still have it threaded. I don't think pinning it would screw up anything depending how good your gunsmith is. I personnally had my barrel chopped to 16 1/8" with 7 degree crown on it and left the suppressor off. I got about 2" of barrel beyond my front sight post. I'm getting it threaded after i buy one of those horizontal pistol grips. If i have to have it pinned, no biggie.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 8:54:38 AM EDT by _DR]
Originally Posted By Gun_Addict: Assuming annother AWB is not instated after this one sun sets, If I were to have one of those fake flash suppresors installed on my post ban carbine would I still be able to get the barrel threaded or would the fact that the fake suppresor had to be pinned on perminatly screw up the barrel for threading? I Know this is a dumb question but bare with me. P.S. I wouldn't mind some recomedations on fake flash suppresors. Edited to add: How much louder will a cav comp make my rifle seem? Thanks in advance.
View Quote
If you are handy with a dremel micro cutting wheel, you could turn your Fake flash suppressor into a real flash suppressor, and save yourself the trouble of grinding down to the pin the remove it after the ban expires. Just deepen the fake "slots" so they go all the way through. I intend to turn my Cav Comp brake into a flash hider with a dremel by opening up the end of it if the ban expires. KKF makes some good ones(here is the A3): [img]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/i/section_10746/A3FFSMS.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/catalog/item/29585/16550.htm[/url] RE: the Cav comp: I have one threaded and pinned on my AR and I hate it. It is way too loud and the flash and blast exiting the top slots obscure the sight picture each time I fire, with XM193 ammo. It does affect accuracy somewhat as well. If I had to do it again, I would get a fake flash hider. Some will scorn anything "fake", but I would look at it as a muzzle/crown protector, that does not make your rifle louder, and does not affect accuracy, and looks the look. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:13:02 PM EDT
Anything beats the ear exploding Mini Y-Comp.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:18:08 PM EDT
Some of us in the music biz, need our ears. That fake/flash h sure "sounds good" to my ears.[:D] Anyway alot of people have a comp so the rifle will look more "mil spec". That seems fake as well. If you want or feel you need a comp to reduce muzzle rise or just like it louder, than you have the right thing and its not "fake"[:\]
Top Top