Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:28:46 PM EDT
After my last range trip, I noticed that my barrel had some "play" in it.  I could twist it while holding the upper receiver firmly in place.  This was the barrel, not my handguards.  It also appears that there is some play in the gas tube as well, and it doesn't always want to lock up with the carrier key.  I have never assembled or disassembled a barrel, so I'm clueless in that regard.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it aBushy?  I had two that failed that way.  Send it back for repair.  If you have a receiver block and wrench, you will need a new pin.  If the BBL nut is cracked like mine were, you will need that too.  Take apart replace parts and reassemble.   first time out it looks scary but its easy to do the next time around.

sky
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it aBushy?  I had two that failed that way.  Send it back for repair.  If you have a receiver block and wrench, you will need a new pin.  If the BBL nut is cracked like mine were, you will need that too.  Take apart replace parts and reassemble.   first time out it looks scary but its easy to do the next time around.

sky

Yep it's a Bushmaster.  I'll contact them and send it back, before I screw it up further.  I need to get some more tools and a block for future problems.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top